Honors Bio Textbook Question

<p>My D is taking Honors Bio with Dr Caldwell and we are looking to purchase the required textbooks ahead of time. We are a bit confused about what to buy. Does anyone know what is included in the Biology Package University (hardback bundle) as shown on the Supe Store website? We just to make sure we are buying what is needed and nothing extra. </p>

<p>Many thanks!</p>

<p>Shamrockdad…</p>

<p>I don’t know, but when we’ve had similar questions, we’ve called the SUPE store and asked what the bundles included. I don’t know if the bundles ever include the clicker or not. </p>

<p>Some classes (don’t know if bio is one) require this online access code (Web Assign) and there’s a charge for that.</p>

<p>And, if the class is with Kim Caldwell, it looks like there’s a bundle with a hardback…and a bundle with a “binder ready copy”. </p>

<p>I would call</p>

<p>I am also enrolled in honors bio with Dr Guy Caldwell. I have heard that it is a better idea to not purchase textbooks until after the first day of class, as many teachers choose to not use some of the textbooks. I’m sure your d will enjoy the class - Dr Caldwell is apparently one of the best biology teachers on campus… that’s why I’m taking his class!</p>

<p>One problem with waiting is that the used books are often gone by then.</p>

<p>If you buy a book, keep the receipt (don’t open ANY plastic wrapping, etc)…and if you learn that the book isn’t needed, you can return it to the SUPE store with your receipt within the first week (check for deadline of that).</p>

<p>And…you can email the prof ahead of time and ask if the book will be used.<br>
Click on the CRN number and it will take you to a page with the prof’s name and an email icon. You can get his email from that.</p>

<p>So, the used books will be wrapped and you can return them? Got to start working on books to save some $$.</p>

<p>The used books shouldn’t be wrapped. Call the SUPE store, I’m pretty sure that used books can also be returned the first week if you don’t need them AND you have your receipt.</p>

<p>The wrapping I’m talking about is in regards to some new books, etc. Some come in shrinkwrap or other packaging that if you open the packaging, then you can’t return it for “NEW”. And, those have to returned within the first week or so as well. </p>

<p>My kids would order their books…try to get used ones…and then find out if a book was really needed. If not, they would return them immediately.</p>

<p>So, order them now and they will be waiting. Or, wait until closer to the semester? And, when you order them through the supe store does it go onto the action card?</p>

<p>You can buy textbooks whenever you want. Supestore purchases can be paid for with Bama Cash, but they don’t have to be. Also, in 99% of cases, they cannot be charged to ones student account.</p>

<p>I would order them now and have them waiting for pickup for the BEST chance of getting a used book.</p>

<p>You can always call the SUPe store later in the month and have them alter your order in any way you want.</p>

<p>So, I charge them to my cc? Sorry for so many questions.</p>

<p>Correct, you’d charge them to a credit card. Other payment options, ie cash or electronic check, may be possible, but a credit card would be easiest.</p>

<p>Still more book questions. Spanish 103 offers an e-book option. Hmm. I have no idea whether an ebook is a better idea.
I guess I will have to call the supe store and see what the bundles include because I see there are some for Honors Bio as OP mentioned and Math 112, & Spanish.
So, if I buy now the Supe store will hold them for 6 weeks?</p>

<p>Yes, they will hold the books until AA, OA or the beginning of school. I called and checked. I also emailed and checked because on the book order confirmation it says they will only hold them for 30 days. So you can get it in writing or call if you wish. HTH.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I think the “30 days” is in regards to school starting, but I could be wrong. We’ve always ordered early and the books are there when my kids get there.</p>