Honors chances?

<p>What does VT Honors look for? They've sent me two letters and I've got the GPA, but I don't have much in the way of extra curricular activities or volunteer work. Has anyone else in a similar situation actually been accepted? </p>

<p>My application has a due date of May 23 (I have no idea why it's so late, everyone else is already talking about acceptance but...), so I've got plenty of time to write a decent essay I'm just curious about what I should expect.</p>

<p>I was curious too, I don't have many EC's either and I'm trying to write my resume right now (looks pretty empty), what would the chances be for me to get in?</p>

<p>Entering freshmen are invited to apply to University Honors if:</p>

<pre><code>* their unweighted high school GPA is at least a 3.50 and the SAT I score is a 1400 (minimums: 620 Critical Reading, 600 Math) or above; or if
* their unweighted high school GPA is at least a 3.70 with an SAT I score of 1300-1399 (minimums: 620 Critical Reading, 600 Math).
</code></pre>

<p>See, I'm transferring in next Spring and I've got the grades and fairly good SAT scores, I just don't have much in the way of those ECs. Like Pierre, the curriculum vitae they ask us to right is pretty empty. Is a decent essay plus the right academics going to be enough to carry me in?</p>

<p>I'm going to try anyway, I mean, it's not like I have anything to lose but a few hours by trying I'm just curious if anyone has gotten in with weak ECs/community service.</p>

<p>Honestly, if you meet those requirements you will get it in. Virginia Tech is totally numbers and grades based. I mean it will help if you have something to show, but generally if you meet those criteria I'd give you a 90% chance of getting in.</p>

<p>Not true, my D exceeded SAT and GPA requirementss and did not get in Honors, nor any $</p>

<p>How is that not true...I said 90%.</p>

<p>So if you have like a 1400 SAT and 3.9 GPA you have a good chance at honors?</p>

<p>does anyone know when transfers hear back about honors admittance?</p>

<p>If you got the numbers, they will send you a notice to apply. Then they will notified you by mail and e-mail. You can call them if you got any questions. I’ve good experience calling VT when I got any questions. Good Luck.</p>