Honors Classes as Freshman?

<p>DD is trying to reach upper level Biz ASAP.</p>

<p>Also, DD has been told that UC Honors classes are (nearly) impossible to get after freshman year.</p>

<p>DD is taking two departmental Honors level classes now (Econ and foreign language)</p>

<p>Wondering whether she should take a UC class in the spring, or power through with an extra lower-level biz required class like Biz Law?</p>

<p>She will be taking the second Honors Econ…so that will be three Honors-level departmental classes.</p>

<p>All these Honors College designations are clear as mud to me.</p>

<p>Also, is the Biz College requirement for a Natural Science class part of the Lower Division mandate, or can that be completed after ascending to Upper Division?</p>

<p>*DD is trying to reach upper level Biz ASAP.</p>

<p>Also, DD has been told that UC Honors classes are (nearly) impossible to get after freshman year.</p>

<p>DD is taking two departmental Honors level classes now (Econ and foreign language)*</p>

<p>Is there an acceptance process into the 3XX/4XX level B-school? If so, has she done that?</p>

<p>I don’t know why your D would be told that about Honors classes. Was the person talking about Freshman Honors classes? There are other Honors classes. Besides, your D would have an earlier selection time, so she’d have first opportunity.</p>

<p>Must have been about Freshman Honors…</p>

<p>Is there a requirement that they must take one or more classes with the UC designation?</p>

<p>6 credits of UH (100,200, or 300 level) (or IHP) courses are required.</p>

<p>So that’s generally 2 courses, but there are some 1 (such as Alabama Action and Outdoor Action) and 2 credit courses offered.</p>

<p>Full requirements here:</p>

<p>[Honors</a> Requirements | Honors College](<a href=“http://honors.ua.edu/academics/honors-requirements/]Honors”>http://honors.ua.edu/academics/honors-requirements/)</p>

<p>Is there a requirement that they must take one or more classes with the UC designation</p>

<p>What are you asking? Do you mean every semester? or are you asking if honors students have to graduate with some HC classes in the HC? </p>

<p>Students have to have at least 6 credits from the HC to graduate with Honors (along with the other req’d honors classes).</p>

<p>Okay, I think that means she needs to take UH 105, UH 155 or UH 100, 200, or 300 level classes that total at least six hours of credit…</p>

<p>Along with the Honors classes she’ll take in specific courses like Biz or Foreign Language.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Fine Arts Honors courses are a good way to fulfill both the Fine Arts gen ed and Honors course requirements. DD is taking Studio-less Art (UH210) this semester and having so much fun. I don’t know if it will be offered 2nd semester (it was a new course), but would be well worth looking into.</p>

<p>Here are the requirements for applying to CCoCB:</p>

<p>Upper Division</p>

<p>Applicants for the upper division in the Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration must complete at least 60 semester hours prior to admission into the upper division. The 60 hours should be chosen from the requirements listed above and must include degree credits for EC 110 Principles of Microeconomics and EC 111 Principles of Macroeconomics; MATH 121 Calculus & Applications or MATH 125 Calculus I; EN 101 English Composition and EN 102 English Composition; AC 210 Intro To Accounting; ST 260 Statistical Data Analysis; and LGS 200 Legal Environmt Business (or their equivalents). Additionally, at least four hours of natural science, three hours of fine arts, literature or humanities, and three hours of history or social and behavioral sciences. Failure to earn degree credit for these specific courses and to earn at least 60 semester hours in all will make students ineligible for admission to the upper division and for enrollment in 300- and 400-level C&BA courses.</p>

<p>Ohhhhh! Love those double-ups!</p>

<p>Fine Arts Honors courses are a good way to fulfill both the Fine Arts gen ed and Honors course requirements</p>

<p>Yes!</p>

<p>Fine Arts of Tuscaloosa, Arts and Parody, Behind the British Mask, and so forth.</p>

<p>it is not impossible to get honors classes after freshman year. in fact, i don’t think my daughter took any during freshman year and has taken many since then. some are impossible to get into, though. that is true.</p>

<p>FALL II started this week. you can pick up a class that way if there is room.</p>