Honors classes

<p>My freshman and sophomore years I took all honors classes basically, but on the application I noticed that they have to be UC approved. Well, I during those 2 years I lived in a different state on the East Coast, so does that mean my hard work in those honors classes was for nothing?</p>

<p>Well, not for nothing, you did learn more. The UCs only accept specific honors courses that have been submitted by CA schools for pre-approval. So for OOS students, UCs accept the AP courses as extra point, but not honor courses. </p>

<p>Also, the UCs only look at your Soph/Jr. grades in calc your GPA and only the A-G courses. If you are at a Ca school now, your school knows what honor courses are accepted for Jr year.</p>

<p>If you are OOS, then no honors course counts for the gpa boost; only AP/IB courses count for OOS’ers. But that’s ok, bcos your app will be reviewed against other OOS apps and the reader will take the gpa calc into consideration.</p>

<p>No I live in California. But thanks for the help you guys :]</p>

<p>Honors courses from high schools outside of California would not be UC-approved, so you would not receive weighted grades for those. You can list them as honors courses and the readers may consider them, but they are not going to help you with your GPA.</p>