Honors College Acceptance?

<p>Has anyone received any information about the honors college at TCU yet? I think they are just using our application to decide if we get in our not. But then again, I honestly have no idea!</p>

<p>Hi! I’m a current student at TCU in the Honors College. I was accepted mid-December, received scholarship information in January, and finally got my Honors College letter in April! Just be patient! Good luck to you, and go Frogs!</p>

<p>Thank you so much!!!</p>

<p>Yes, things have changed over the past couple of years. Honors College and scholarship awards now seem to be sent much later, which really isn’t good business given TCUs competitors award merit aid immediately.</p>

<p>My S got his Honors College invitation in the mail today. So excited for him!</p>

<p>jbtrask – did you get this separately from his admission (was he admitted awhile ago?)? My son got merit scholarship already and admitted (he applied Early Action). Wondering if honors still possibly out there for him.</p>

<p>He did EA early too and got his acceptance letter in mid-December. He received his merit scholarship (Dean’s Scholarship) in early January and the Honors College invitation yesterday. My understanding is they initially send out invites to the top 10% of applicants, but they will send more out through April depending on how many of the initial group accept the invitation.</p>

<p>Thanks much jbtrask for all the details, much appreciated. We’re visiting TCU and SMU Feb 17&18 from CA. Any other input on those 2 colleges is welcome, as well (comparison sort of stuff).</p>

<p>@jbtrask Thanks for the information. Do you know if most students who receive the Dean’s Scholarship are in the top ten percent of applicants? </p>

<p>Yes they are according to my son’s conversation with his academic advisor.</p>