Honors college admissions

<p>if i have that stats i get in automatically,right? the application email receipt is a little vague on that :?

</p>

<p>Admission to the Honors College will be virtually automatic for you as long as you 1) submit the Honors College application by whatever deadline UA requires; and 2) don’t write anything heinous or unintelligible in your Honors College application essay. </p>

<p>Do I detect you inching your way toward Tuscaloosa, siglio21? :)</p>

<p>^haha you’ll find out soon…i am definitely leaning towards this school though :D</p>

<p>Right on, siglio! Bring on the diversity!</p>

<p>*don’t write anything heinous or unintelligible in your Honors College application essay. *</p>

<p>LOL</p>

<p>Sig…with your stats, if you apply to UHP and/or IHP, you will get admitted.</p>

<p>However, if you want to apply to CBH or UFE, then those two programs have competitive admissions.</p>

<p>I hope that soon we’ll be able to say to you…Welcome to Bama! :)</p>

<p>(Yeah…another Californian!!! )</p>

<p>DS just got an email from Jami Gates congratulating him on his acceptance to the Honors College, both UH and IH. This just happenned within 24 hours of him applying (yes, it took him a while to finish the applications). It was like they were waiting for him to apply. He is super excited. The personal attention is awesome.</p>

<p>M2CK, I have been him asking about applying to CBH but he is not interested. Maybe he doesn’t understand the program well… He wants to have some flexibility on when to engage in undergraduate research.</p>

<p>

Exactly the experience of so many here, lapagan. Congratulations to you and your son!</p>

<p>not to worry lapagan, while many here love CBH, it isn’t necessary for a great experience at UA. DS made the reserve list, then after looking into it and what it would require schedule-wise, decided it was not for him. Not one bit concerned about his ability to do what he wants at UA.
Congrats to your family! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>*M2CK, I have been him asking about applying to CBH but he is not interested. Maybe he doesn’t understand the program well… He wants to have some flexibility on when to engage in undergraduate research. *</p>

<p>There is a lot of flexibility on topics to research. Kids aren’t limited on their choice of research (unless it was something very silly or something…LOL)</p>

<p>Freshmen in CBH don’t do research…it begin sophomore year.</p>

<p>What is your son’s major?</p>

<p>My older son has loved CBH, my younger son isn’t in it. My younger son doesn’t think he would have had time for it. So, it’s a personal choice.</p>

<p>His major is Chem Eng, and go graduate in BME or Medical depends onhow it goes. The more I think about it I believe that UH and IH will be plenty for him for now. </p>

<p>Thanks for the advice.</p>

<p>yeah i got the email too</p>

<p>I’m a little confused about this automatic acceptance. I applied for the honors college about 2 or 3 weeks ago and have not heard a response yet. I am a NMSF (hopefully finalist) with good stats and EC’s, but still nothing. Is it because I also applied for the CBHP? Or should that not matter?</p>

<p>If you applied 2-3 weeks ago, then you may have applied during Christmas Break. </p>

<p>The school has only been re-opened for a few days. The honors college is probably “catching up” with the apps that came in while the school was closed.</p>

<p>If you don’t hear anything within a couple of weeks, you can call the Honors College and ask about your situation.</p>

<p>You definitely will get accepted to UHP.</p>

<p>Good luck with your CBHP app!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>DS applied last night. Has one typo that we have to fix, then will resubmit app. Hope we hear soon!!</p>