Honors College App

How in depth is the application? Is there an essay or personal statement?

It’s been a few years since my daughter filled it out, but at that time it was not in depth at all. A couple sentences about yourself was all that was required. Admission to the honors college is pretty much automatic if you have the stats.

Thank you!

As mentioned, the essay isn’t really an essay. You just write a couple sentences introducing yourself. Don’t worry. The essay is not part of the admission’s decision. You’re admitted by stats only.

Does anyone have any thing more specific about the small essay on the honors application? Is it more like a personal statement? I was planning on having my daughter prepare it now, so it is ready to go when the time comes. Thank you!

Lol…the “essay” for the HC is nothing! Really! Just write a couple of sentences that introduces yourself…maybe state major and career goals and interests. It does NOT matter at all. It has NO affect on admissions to the HC.

Thanks @mom2collegekids you have been such a great help! We are a little bit excited to apply!

No problem!!! Seriously, all your DD has to write is something along the lines of:

My name is Jane Doe and I will be a biology major at The University of Alabama. After graduating, I plan on getting my DPT to become a physical therapist. I’m from Boulder, Colorado and am looking forward to southern living! My hobbies are tennis, biking, skiing, and volleyball. I plan on joining a couple of intramural teams and participate in the Honors College social activities as well.

Roll Tide!

They might be able to get away with just: “Roll Tide”… :wink:

Has anyone been able to get in to check the status of their 2017 application??

I have just been able to see that they have received my DD’s app, act’s, scholarship app and waiting on her transcript!
@beachham