Honors College Application

Hi, My daughter will be applying this summer. Could someone please tell us what theHonors College application is like? Is there an essay? Do you need to submit a resume? She has a 30 on her ACT and a 4.2 GPA. Thanks so much for your help! Roll Tide! :x :stuck_out_tongue:

The Honors app is really easy. I think my son wrote a paragraph. It’s all based on the scores/GPA.

Yes, very short and easy…it is basically numbers based so nothing to stress over

For the “essay”, just write a couple of sentences to introduce yourself.

If applying to CBH or UFE, then the essays are especially important.

Does anyone know whether there is a cut off for GPA and scores?

https://honors.ua.edu/admission/

Future Students may apply to the Honors College after they have been admitted to The University of Alabama. For Fall 2017, admission to the Honors College requires a 28 ACT or 1250 old SAT/1310 new SAT and a minimum 3.5 high school GPA. You will be notified of your acceptance via email. Click here for information about admission to The University of Alabama.

Beginning with incoming freshman applicants for Fall 2018, the requirements for admission to the Honors College will be a 30 ACT/1390 SAT (new) and a minimum 3.5 high school GPA. Through this change in admission requirements, the Honors College will increase its selectivity and ensure that we continue to recruit and engage academically prepared and talented students. Because of our commitment to meeting the needs of students from within the state, Alabama high school graduates will have another path to admission if they are within the top 5% of their class and have at least a 28 ACT/1310 SAT (new) and a 3.5 GPA.

I am OOS and was just accepted to Alabama with. 3.73 gpa and 32 ACT. I was just awarded the presidents scholarship of $19,000/yr (total $76,000 for 4 years). I just also applied to the honors college. What are my chances? Also, is it possible that I may be awarded additional merit money?

Yes, you will get into the Honors College, it is GPA driven and your numbers are fine. They do not offer any extra money for Honors College.

@Adhoc17 you should take the December ACT and SAT to try and raise your score to the $25,000\year Presidential Scholarship. You also get more if you are a STEM major.

What extra scholarship money can you get if you are a STEM major?

Engineering scholarship info here - https://eng.ua.edu/admissions/scholarships/