Honors College Assembly

<p>What is the process for joining this organization? What exactly do they do?</p>

<p>HCA is the student coordinating body for the Honors College. It hosts social activities, volunteer activities, open mic nights, and offers special seating and a tailgate for football games, among many other things. It is the new version of the Honors Program Student Association (HPSA) and as it is still in its infancy (it was started last year), it is still trying to see which activities work and which ones don’t work. Information about joining the HCA will come sometime after school starts and will likely consist of a “what are your talents/interests” form and possibly a club membership fee.</p>

<p>The HCA has many different parts with which it aims to offer activities that interest every Honors College student. I tend to attend activities related to my major, wanted to go to some of the documentary screenings, and made sure I always got a wristband so I could “sit” (read: stand and cheer) with the HCA at home football games.</p>

<p>HCA is the student coordinating body for the Honors College. It hosts social activities, volunteer activities, open mic nights, and offers special seating and a tailgate .</p>

<p>Dr. Sharpe mentioned that the “open mic nights” have become very popular. I think he said that the “open mic nights” used to only meet once a month, but then began meeting every week because of popularity.</p>

<p>I forget where he said that the kids meet for “open mic night”.</p>