Honors College Invite!

I just got accepted into the Purdue Honors College and I am very excited as that will hopefully help me convince my parents that Purdue is the school for me in the fall. My Purdue status page doesn’t reflect this, though and sadly so far nothing about merit scholarships. Has anyone else heard back about the Honors College or merit scholarships?

I also just was invited to the honors college by email. Mypurdue student’s portal doesn’t say anything about the honors college though. I haven’t heard about merit scholarships yet either.

Congratulations to both of you @dominonoodle and @purplerox! Nothing about either here.

Got email about Honors College. Pretty happy about it :slight_smile:

Yeah I was really confused by the letter, had to read it a couple of times before I realized it was an admittance letter and not an invitation to apply.

I got the email for the Honors college today as well.

@CSmajorQ posted on the OOS merit scholarship thread that “Presidential Scholarship recipients will be able to view an electronic copy of their scholarship letter tomorrow – Friday, February 20.” This information is from the Purdue admitted families Facebook page.

Congratulations @ClassicalCollege and @corncobb1. I am disappointed that my daughter was not offered a spot. Oh well. Seems as though all the e-mails went out at once and there is none here.

Spoke too soon! I guess it did take the e-mail a little longer to travel halfway around the planet! It just got here.

Thanks! and congratulations to your daughter as well! @NorthernMom61‌

Thanks, now “show me the money!” LOL

I received my Honors college invitation email today! However, I doubt I’ll join it. I’m just hoping that this is a good sign that I’ll maybe receive a merit scholarship.
Congratulations to everyone!

Me too! I’m just unsure whether I’ll join or not…

My son got the email, as well! Such an honor! I don’t think we can afford Purdue OOS, but we’ll see what happens in March.

Is anyone who recieved an invitation an engineering major?

Nope. Industrial Design.

Does anyone know wether or not is have to accept my admissions offer before getting an invite to Honors Program? I applied for EA and got in on Dec. 12 but haven’t accelted the offer because I’m waiting on my other colleges’ decisions first

@Dhruv97‌ - No, I didn’t accept the offer and I got the email today. I’m actually willing to bet that a fair number of honors college invitees don’t even go to Purdue, considering that they also probably got into Ivy Leagues or Stanford or somewhere.

@fjgh45, my daughter is an engineering major. @Dhruv97 my daughter has not accepted her admissions offer, we can’t afford full pay, she needs that scholarship to be able to attend. And we are also waiting for some RD schools to come back.

This was posted on the 2015 Admitted Purdue Families Facebook page today around noon. Hopefully some of you will find it informative. It sounds like they are not releasing them all at once. Maybe by college? Each college chooses their own honors invites.

“not all invited students have been processed, but many have and are seeing the update on their MyPurdue pages. It is possible that a student will receive an update before the end of the month. But, at that point all students should have received notification of their invites if they are to receive them.”

and

“Regarding the process, each college will select its invites for the Honors College, but all use holistic criteria to make their decisions.”

and

“Honors College will enroll approximately 550 students in the fall. The number of students invited is larger, at approximately 3,000.”

@fjgh45 I’m an engineering major.
@Dhruv97 I applied EA and got in on the 12th and have not accepted my offer.