Honors college- is it worth it?

I’m going into senior year (co2020) and I’m planning on applying to UA next month in July when admissions open. I’m not too worried about getting into the school, but I am wondering about whether honors college would be worth it for me.
I know just about everything the school will tell me about honors college, but I just want to see if anyone can advise me with personal experience.
I have a 4.5 weighted GPA, 1300
SAT and 31 ACT, which I recently retook the ACT and I expect it to be higher. So I qualify for honors, but I don’t know if it will be too much for me to handle.
I want to do Athletic training, which I know is a strenuous program on its own, and I was debating Greek life. I’m good at handling a busy schedule, but I can get overwhelmed pretty easily.
TIA

My daughter feels it is worth it. The biggest benefit is the earlier class registration time. She also enjoyed the smaller class sizes. Many of the Honors class sections only have 15-25 students as opposed to the regular sections which may have over 100. She did not necessarily feel that the classes were harder but that she got more out of them since there was more class discussions instead of just lecturing. The workload is not really harder but there are a few extra honors classes that have to be taken to ultimately graduate with honors. It is not difficult at all to work them into your schedule over the course of the 4 years you are there. You seem like a good student and should have no problem at all with it.

Thank you so much! This is really helpful

I think for any school, it is worth doing Honors Freshman year if possible…then you can see if you like the honors classes/opportunties/perks vs the honors work you need to do.

Nobody makes you finish completing the honors program so there is no downside if you don’t like it.

I think it is worth joining! If you don’t like it, you don’t have to graduate with honors :slight_smile: