Honors College Notifications

I wanted to start this so we could have one place to talk about it, instead of multiple forums.

Also, does anyone happen to know when they were planning on sending out the invitations or how many people they send them to?

I asked someone in admissions about this a while ago. They said “Invitations to the John V. Roach Honors College are generally spread throughout January and February, but usually come around the same time.”

Now they also said that scholarships would come a little after the New Year, so clearly their processes at TCU have changed a little. So this should all be taken with a grain of salt.

After not receiving my scholarship letter I emailed my counselor to find out that I had been given the Dean’s Scholarship. She also mentioned that the top 7% of the students are invited to the Honors College and that those letters would be mailed at the end of the month. She said that with a 35 ACT and 4.6 weighted GPA, I should be in the top 7%.

I received my invitation on January 1st, so that was a great way to start off the new year! But I live in the DFW area and I got my scholarship stuff earlier than most since i got invited to the Chancellor Scholarship Interview, so both were a big part of me receiving the stuff much earlier than you guys.

Has anyone, who didn’t receive the Chancellor’s Scholarship, heard from the Honors College?

@shadowking29 I have not yet heard from the Honors College

Someone posted on the class of 2020 page today that they got it an invite

S got his invite to the Roach Honors College today in the mail. We are in Colorado.

Got my invite today. In Southern California

Son got his yesterday in Dallas area

I received the Dean’s scholarship letter on Jan. 20th and the Honors College invitation on Feb. 2nd.

Does anyone know if the Honors College is still sending out invitations? My friend hasn’t gotten one yet :frowning:

@preposterone123 Did you get the chancellor scholarship? Did you end up attending TCU? How do you like it? Please share your experience there.

Just got the honors college invite in the mail today. I live in Hawaii!

So I got admitting in early action 1 back in December and got the deans scholarship, but have not received an invitation to the honors college. I have a 3.98 gpa and got a 31 on my act, will I get in?

have u heard from the honors college yet? I also got the deans scholarship and haven’t heard from honors yet

I also got the deans scholarship and did not hear from honors. I called the admissions office yesterday, and the lady on the phone said that to the best of her knowledge, all of the honors invitations have already been sent out. They only take the top ~7% into honors, and they must have more scholarships than honors spots. Also, applying earlier probably would have helped. But you can apply for honors after first semester there, and like my dad said, not being invited to the honors college is a double edged sword -it means the school is also better academically than you thought.