Honors College

<p>Hi Monmouth and friends!
Monmouth is my first choice school this fall. I absolutely fell in love with the campus when I went on a tour last spring.
I am extremely interested in the Honors College and was hoping I could get some questions answered! </p>

<ol>
<li><ul>
<li>When applying to Monmouth, is there a section on the application to indicate an interest in the Honors College?</li>
</ul></li>
<li><ul>
<li>If planning to take on a 5-year Masters program in addition to Honors courses, how would the programs intertwine or conflict?</li>
</ul></li>
<li><ul>
<li>If accepted to the Honors College, how might one go about finding their other fellow Honors roommates? </li>
</ul></li>
</ol>

<p>Thank you so much! </p>

<p>P.S. - Erin Hawk that works in the Honors dorms is simply fabulous!! The best part of the tour was her sweet, smiling face! It made my mother (who is experiencing me, her first-born, select a perfect school) feel so much more confident that I would be in safe hands while attending college!</p>

<p>Hello Travelgirl4!</p>

<p>Glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit on campus last spring! We look forward to you applying in the fall. </p>

<p>As for your questions about the Honors School,</p>

<ol>
<li><p>There isnt an actual section on the application to indicate interest in the Honor School. Students that qualify for the Honors School will be contacted by the office of Undergraduate Admission after being accepted to the University. The requirements are a GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) and a combined critical reading, math, and writing SAT score of 1800 (with no less than a 540 on any part). </p></li>
<li><p>The 5 year program works well with the Honors School. You will not find any conflicts between the two. Do you know which program you are looking to go into? maybe, I can set up a visit for you with the department.</p></li>
<li><p>Once a student is accepted into Monmouth University, you will have quite a few options to meet possible roommates. We have quite a few accepted student events, such as basketball games, Monday’s at Monmouth and we also have an Honors School Reception. At the reception you will be able to meet all of the students accepted into the Honors School, and also speak with current students and faculty. We will also have a “Class of 2017” facebook page that you can join and meet other accepted students. So there are quite a few options to help with that.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>We love Erin!! She is a great help and we are glad that she was able to help you get an idea of what Monmouth University is all about! Please let me know if you need anything else.</p>

<p>Look forward to seeing you on campus in the future!</p>

<p>P.S. Open House is Sunday October 7th. If you are able to attend, make sure you register today on our website!</p>

<p>Hi again!</p>

<p>I acually will be attending the Open House on October 7 and would love to meet with as many program advisors as possible! I was looking into the 5-year Political Science and Public Policy BA/MA degree.</p>

<p>Hey travelgirl4! </p>

<p>Just wanted to check in and see how your visit went during Open House. Do you still have any questions?!?</p>

<p>Hi MUKamalk - I received my EA decision and I am thrilled! Do you know when I should hear about the Honors Program?</p>

<p>Hello GotCurls! Congratulations! I can check for you if you would like! I would need your name though. You can send me a message with your info.</p>