Honors College?

Hi! Is anyone in here involved in the Alabama Honors College? Do you feel it is helpful/encouraging? Is it something that is well worth my time? Thanks for any replies in advance:)

I don’t know why if you are eligible you wouldn’t be part of the honors college, if only for the options it gives you. The big option is earlier registration (which gives you a big advantage.) Another option is to take part of Alabama Action or Outdoor Action a week before your freshman year begins. Honor housing is also nice, although the regular suite style dorms are comparable to the honors ones. You basically can be as involved as you want in the honors community, taking honors classes or classes just opened only to the honors community, going to a few honors events or their tailgate etc. or doing nothing and eventually deciding not to proceed in the honors college. Why not start in honors and go from there.

The HC is very worth it! Just the Priority Registration makes it worth it, plus more.

Are the essays or your scores and extra credits more important? Feedback appreciated:)

@ettphonehome If you’re asking what is important in the Honors College application, the answer is your scores. As long as your GPA and your ACT/SAT are enough, you’re guaranteed an acceptance.

Oh perfect! Thanks so much @lhtanh98

Tons of benefits to being in the Honors College! And you can always drop out of it later on, if you wish…

My son has just completed his first semester. He entered with tons of AP credits and is in the honors college. Priority registration is HUGE. He has not had troubles getting the classes he wanted. Maybe not the best schedule in terms of time slots this semester but much better for spring. Housing the first year in Ridgecrest is great. BUT this fall is very different and there are limited spots left in Ridgecrest for returning students. I would ask each school what happens with housing after the first year. We didn’t. And its limited on campus housing for for upper classman. Not too happy but it is what it is. He loves it there and is very happy! Classes have been challenging and he did very well his first semester. No complaints here.

My DS is a junior and he lived in Bryce Lawn last year but decided he’d rather to be closer to campus so he’s in the dorms this year. Many students prefer to move off campus in later years. UA has significantly more student housing than many of the universities we toured. A&M doesn’t even have enough rooms for the freshmen class!