Honors College

Hey y’all! So I was admitted in to Alabama a few weeks ago and had a few questions about honors college! I’ve taken the ACT/SAT 4 times and my highest score is a 27. On the website it says a 28 is a requirement for honors college. I was wondering if I could still apply/get in with my test score! I’m very involved in school, play sports, and have a 4.25 GPA. Thanks!!

No, I believe the cutoffs are absolute. You can try again in December . . . although, after four times, I hate to suggest that! :frowning: If you do decide to try again, you need to figure out exactly where your greatest weakness is, and really spend some time preparing for that section of the test.

I’m sure you have, but did you superscore?

Alabama I believe is one siiting, no superscore

*sitting

@soyunchico University of Alabama does not superscore the ACT.

@carolinamom2boys you’re right! I was so tired when I posted that. I knew they didn’t superscore because if they did, my scholarship would have been a lot higher. Sorry that I’d my fault!

If you don’t get into the Honors College initially, I believe you can apply for admission once you have 12 UA credits and a 3.3 GPA.

@“beth’s mom” is correct. From the Honors College webpage:

http://honors.ua.edu/admission-to-honors/

Test again! Take both the SAT and ACT.

For the HOnors College, I’m not sure what the latest test they’ll accept. They might accept a test taken in 2017.

Hi all, I’ve been following along with all things Alabama for a while now and had a question…my son has been admitted for next fall and we will be visiting campus in November for our first time. We’ve set up a regular tour but I’m wondering if we should contact the Honors college too (he’s applied to Honors but hasn’t heard anything back yet). This will be our only visit and I hate to miss out on meeting with someone from the Honors program but he doesn’t know if he got into it yet…any suggestions?

Regardless of whether you’ve heard back yet or not, if he has the stat’s to be admitted to the Honors College (28 ACT or 1250 old SAT/1310 new SAT and a minimum 3.5 high school GPA), then he will be. If he qualifies, then yes, you should absolutely arrange for an Honors College tour! :slight_smile:

Thanks, he does have the minimum… a 28 ACT and a 3.5. Do I contact Honors directly and let them know of our campus tour date and then request to meet with them after? Does the Honors dept. give a separate tour? I think we’re also going to fit in a Bama game… not sure who’s more excited, him or me!

Get a hold of his regional rep and they will set up a VIP tour. Mind included Honors meeting, meeting with professor and lunch with student in my major, path to MBA meeting, and all the other typical tours. To get the most Tuesday through Thursday are the best days to visit.

Yes, have your tour arranged through the honors college! They will tailor it to your son’s interests:

http://honors.ua.edu/admission-to-honors/schedule-a-visit/