Honors College?

<p>Anyone care to tell me their experience with UA’s Honors College? Is it challenging? </p>

<p>My S is interested in the College of Science - his scores are a lot higher than the AZ average. I’m concerned it may not be academic enough.</p>

<p>My D is a senior in the honors college. She is an OSS and has spent the last few years in the Honors Dorms. She now a RA in the honors Dorm. I can tell you that the classes are what you make of them as is any college you go to.</p>

<p>There is no grade inflation at UofA, unlike many of the ivys. Mums and Dads don't want to pay 40K for Cs. My husband is a Harvard grad. We know. </p>

<p>The different colleges within UofA are ranked well among other schools in the US. College of Science has many highly rated majors, that is among their peer schools. </p>

<p>I'm not sure what you mean by "academic enough."</p>

<p>My D's friends that are in honors college are mostly Flinn Scholars and NMFs. They are a brainy bunch, several are applying to med schools and law school. I don't think that they would have gone to UofA if they didn't think it has a good education.</p>

<p>Thanks afa81. </p>

<p>From what I can tell, it seems that the sciences are very strong programs at UofA. I guess what I meant by "not academic enough" was a fear that it is too much of a party school. (Although I know college kids party everywhere and each student makes their own choices). Since we are OOS I am not as familiar with the school and I wanted some reassurance. And you gave me some:)</p>