honors college

<p>I didn't aplly for the honors college on my application because....well
I guess I'm stupid that way. Is there anyway to get in to the college now that i forgot to apply for it on the original application?</p>

<p>I know you can apply to the honors college after the first year if you achieve a certain GPA, but I'd call the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for an answer about what you can do NOW.</p>

<p>I being in honors a lot tougher than standard?</p>

<p>You have to maintain a 3.5 average which can be tough.</p>

<p>Not really...Honestly, the honors classes ARE harder on the whole, but they also have a handful of classes that are complete bs meant to boost GPA's. Achieving a 3.5 isn't nearly as hard as it seems (first year), and there are a fair amount of classes that you can take while you're at tech that are <strong>free A's</strong> such as Personal Health, Drug Education, Women Studies, and a whole bunch of honors courses. If I wasn't transferring out soon, I would definitely applied for the honors college after first semester.</p>

<p>If you have any other questions about Tech, feel free to pm me. I check these forums every day, and, like I said, I'm a current Freshman living on campus.</p>

<p>Do you have to take all honors courses to remain in honors?</p>

<p>does any one know how many are admitted into the honors college/what percentage of those who applied? Also when do we find out?</p>

<p>I've already been accepted to the honors program, if that's what you mean by honors college. I got my acceptance early because I qualified for it. Not really sure about percentages though...but I have at least 3 other friends that got in early because they applied to honors.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I've already been accepted to the honors program,

[/quote]
</p>

<p>That is kind of strange. I got accepted earlier than I expected to (applied RD) they sent the honors app. filled it in. Now I got an invite to Honors college scholarship weekend. But I never got anything that said I was in honors.</p>

<p>can you tell me what you got email, snail mail that said u were in honors?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Oh oops, I obviously can't read. It says I qualify, and that I should be receiving an app shortly. Since VT isn't really my first choice, I don't think I'll be continuing with the process. What is the honors app like?</p>

<p>wait, so you had to apply for honors in the application? if we didnt, how else can we get in?</p>