Honor's College

<p>On the UA website it says that students with a 28 act score are automatically admitted to the Honors College. Does this mean that score is the minimum requirement? Or does it mean those students are in automatically and students applying with an act score less than 28 must be looked over?</p>

<p>No one with an ACT under 28 can be admitted as an incoming freshman to the Honors College. So, no, those with lower ACTs do not get “looked over.”</p>

<p>however, if a student has lower than an ACT 28, he can start at Bama, and then after getting a 3.3 GPA, he can apply to Honors.</p>

<p>The confusion is that although admission is automatic if you have the stats, you still must submit the honors college application.</p>

<p>What is your situation?</p>

<p>Incoming students with a 28 ACT or 1250 SAT will be automatically accepted to the Honors College upon submission of their application to the Honors College. Students will be notified of their acceptance via mail.</p>

<p>Current UA students with a 3.3 GPA or transfer students with a 3.3 GPA will be accepted into the UHP upon submission of their applications. Students will be notified of their acceptance via email.</p>

<p>I was confused about the automatic admission part with the 28. I have a 27 and I thought that it meant they still looked at scores below 28, but with the 28 you got in with the admission of the application.</p>

<p>I guess I better raise my score a point! </p>

<p>Also, I’m retaking the ACT in October and usually scores come out a few weeks later. Will I still be able to apply to the honors college that late?</p>

<p>You can apply to the Honors College after that November test. Often students do not apply until the spring or even the summer. My son did not apply for International Honors until he was there for Bama Bound.</p>

<p>Yes…for honors college admissions, you can apply for awhile…I think at least by Feb 1st.</p>

<p>Also take the November Sat …since only the M+CR scores are used, you can study just those 2 sections and hopefully score high enough…you might even get a scholarship, too.</p>

<p>Frankly, it’s probably easier to get a 1250 M+CR SAT than it is to get a 28 ACT. </p>

<p>What is the breakdown of your ACT?</p>

<p>Anyway…you can submit a late SAT or ACT score for honors consideration.</p>

<p>However, for assured scholarships, the last ACT that is used is October and the last SAT is November.</p>