"Honors Connection" Course Question

<p>I can’t seem to find this class in Fall 12 – has the name changed? I do see “Honors Year One” taught by J. Morgan.</p>

<p>It is a one credit course, but the description doesn’t sound like it is led by upper classmen mentors.</p>

<p>I also noticed the one course isn’t counted toward the 6 credit requirement for UH.</p>

<p>Yes, this is the same class but it was given a new name for the fall.</p>

<p>Here are the CRNs:</p>

<p>Monday 46599 runs from 5-6 p.m.
Tuesday 46607 runs from 5-6 p.m.
Wednesday 46622 runs from 4-5 p.m.
Thursday 47986 runs from 4-5 p.m.</p>

<p>All classes are run by upperclassmen from UH who are supervised by Dr. Morgan.</p>

<p>The class fulfills one UH credit, but not seminar.</p>

<p>My older son was a mentor and loved it. </p>

<p>When he did it, each upperclassman has a partner and they meet with their frosh group once or twice a week. </p>

<p>they’d meet at Coldstone or Starbucks on campus or some other walkable location. The frosh LOVED it.</p>

<p>My D is a mentor this year along with another student and is looking forward to it. She enjoyed the class last year.</p>

<p>I wish they would have a section of this class later in the day or even a section much earlier in the day- i.e. “breakfast club.”</p>

<p>My son’s group didn’t meet at the “scheduled” time. As a group, they picked to meet on Tues and Thurs at 6pm. The frosh only had to attend one of the meetings each week. They chose 2 times to accomodate kids who had other committments.</p>

<p>6pm would be a good time but I don’t think D could register for two classes that overlap.</p>