Honors Dorms Availability Question

<p>Hi. I have been accepted into the Honors College. I will visit campus on April 12th, and then will decide whether or not I will be able to attend Alabama. Will it be too late to sign up for honors dorms at this date, or will they have dorms set aside for late admits like me. Thanks for the responses.</p>

<p>I am not exactly sure of the answer.
Here is the applicable part of the housing information if you were to deposit by the 1st of April.</p>

<p>Housing Application Date Room Selection Date & Time (Central Time)
All application dates up to April 1 choose dorms on April 12, 6:00 -10:00 p.m. </p>

<p>Are you an NMF? Presidential Scholar?</p>

<p>Are you a guy or a girl? If you’re a guy, maybe my son can pull you in to his suite at some point. (He picks his suite-room tonight, God willin’ and the creek don’t rise.)</p>

<p>I received a presidential scholarship.</p>

<p>And I am not sure whether or not I am attending U of A. I want to visit first.</p>

<p>Congratulations on receiving the Presidential Scholarship.</p>

<p>I understand you wanting to visit first. Usually, once you visit you will probably want to attend.</p>

<p>What is your intended major? What are you hoping to find in a university? </p>

<p>Have you set up your tour with Jami Gates in the Honors College? She has taken care of most everyone on this forum. She will set up visits with students, department heads, professors, etc.</p>

<p>I am planning on majoring in biology as a pre med student. I have contacted Jami Gates but I haven’t had anything arranged yet.</p>

<p>If you have a regional admissions recruiter, that person can arrange a VIP tour for you. We are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. My son also did not want to commit until he visited the campus. We visited Feb. 28 and, well, Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I would go ahead and make the deposit so you don’t get shut out of the good housing. The super suites are so much better than any other dorms we have seen when we visited lots of colleges with my son, and you get a bedroom to yourself.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone for the tips, but I want to visit the school before I put any money down. Is there any chance at getting an honors dorm if I register after April 12th?</p>

<p>There’s no guarantee that you will get an honors suite if you register late. However, when you do pick a room and there’s no honors rooms available, then you can pick a room, and then check daily to change to an honors room if one comes available.</p>

<p>Usually some honors rooms come available in May or later.</p>

<p>BTW…</p>

<p>If you don’t hear from Jami soon, call her assistant.</p>

<p>Did you book a campus tour already? If not, do so and give the date/time to Jami. Give your major and your stats. </p>

<p>Jami Gates
Coordinator
270 Nott Hall
205-348-5599
<a href=“mailto:jami.n.gates@ua.edu”>jami.n.gates@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Allison Verhine
Associate Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>