Honors dorms

<p>Are there several honors dorms? Which one is “best”? What makes it best?!</p>

<p>Thanks for any and all opinions!</p>

<p>Yes, there are a few buildings…</p>

<p>Ridgecrest South (with two towers), </p>

<p>RC West</p>

<p>RC East</p>

<p>RC West and RC east are a couple years older than RC South, and have a different floorplan than RC South. </p>

<p>None are “better”. It’s just a personal choice for what style a kid likes best.</p>

<p>If you look at the bottom buildings on page 13
<a href=“Titanium Chef | Home”>Titanium Chef | Home;

<p>the two buildings that look like C’s (one is backward), those are the RC South towers.</p>

<p>To the immediate left of the RC towers, you’ll see RC East and West. Their shape reminds me of braces on teeth. lol</p>

<p>DS’ opinion </p>

<p>RCE and RCW
best pro – even numbers have a great view of Palmer like
biggest con – shower stall is SMALL and dark – DS is only 5’10" and slim, a bigger guy would likely prefer RCS just for this reason</p>

<p>From what we’ve observed, there are some ways that Ridgecrest South is better and some ways that Ridgecrest West is better. Pros for South: Bigger Shower, layout with 2 rooms on each side of living area and a lot of freshmen. Pros for West: better cabinets in bathroom, smaller building, nice views of the river for odd numbers. </p>

<p>While Ridgecrest West was built a few years earlier, there is no physical evidence of this. All these dorms were built very wisely to handle the traffic in terms of tile, woodwork and carpeting and furniture. All these new suite style dorms are really beautiful–I wanted to move in myself!</p>

<p>My daughter prefers RCS because of the layout…2 bedrooms and a bath on either side of the suite gives some separation. RCE and RCW layouts are all 4 bedrooms in a row and the two baths next to each other. Personal preference.</p>