Honors Housing Question

<p>I was accepted into the Honors Program, but since have decided to forgo the Honors housing to live in Tut. I know that Honors students get to select their rooms first, but will I still be able to pick my room first if I’m not living in the Honors dorms? Or will I have to wait until the end of March? Also, my roommate is not in the Honors program. If I can select my room earlier with the rest of the Honors students, will I still be able to pull her into my room? Thanks so much for your help! ROLL TIDE!</p>

<p>hmmm…you may have to ask Housing.</p>

<p>I don’t think you get to choose Tut during the honors time…because that time is for choosing Living/learning communities (I think)</p>

<p>m2ck is correct. Room selection for those choosing Living Learning Communities is earlier than for those not in Living Learning Communities. Tut will be open for selection at the later date as it is not a Living Learning Community.</p>

<p>Tut is a great place to live and easily meet lots of people. It’s also in a great location for sorority members. My D has loved it for her first year.</p>

<p>Just remember that if you plan to live on campus a second year, your options will be limited to dorms that are similar in set-up to Tut (or Tut itself). Even though there are non-honors sections of the suite-style dorms, you won’t be allowed to move to them if you live in Tut as a freshman.</p>

<p>You will be able to sign up based on the date when you deposited, not on the Honors schedule.</p>

<p>Thank you all for your insight! I really appreciate it! Guess I’ll just have to wait to select my room.</p>