Honors limits

<p>My understanding is that UH classes only will take 15 students.
But is the same limit not on Honors sections of other classes?
If not do they have a particular set limit?
I was looking at some Honors classes to fill HI req and they look to have 35 seats so far…</p>

<p>I think the departmental honors classes vary in size. My D looked at honors Econ, which had 30 seats, and honors Accounting, which had 80. I would suggest looking at the size of the departmental honors class in prior semesters, although that’s not always accurate - for instance honors accounting had 50 seats in spring 2012 and 48 in fall 2011, both significantly less than the current 80.</p>

<p>Dept honors classes are not under the control of the Honors College, so those depts can do what they want as far as class sizes. The dept honors classes are generally smaller than the “non-honors” and are supposed to be taught by the best profs of the dept.</p>

<p>That said, it really wouldn’t be practical or affordable to have dept honors lecture classes have only 15 students. Even the pricey privates don’t usually have small 100 level classes for typical lecture classes like Bio, Chem, history, etc.</p>

<p>Ok. I had misunderstood how Honors works.
Son has enough AP credit, that it looks like he should really try to get the couple core req left in as Honors.</p>