Honors/ NMF Housing

<p>Are NMF’s on the same schedule as any Honors student for choosing housing or is there a different method? Thanks.</p>

<p>All students follow the same schedule based on when they deposited for housing.</p>

<p>However, the housing office does “block out” some honors suites for the NMFs in Riverside North. If a NMF student wants a different honors hall, then his selection time is dependent upon his depositing date.</p>

<p>Riverside North is open to Honors as well as non-Honors students, correct? How does Riverside North compare to the Honors-only dorms? Thanks.</p>

<p>I’m not sure if Riverside North is still mixed. Is it? </p>

<p>If it is, I think it’s predominantly honors so I doubt there is much difference.</p>

<p>M2ck, where is there more information that Riverside North is reserved for NMF? D hasn’t heard anything about this. Or is it for non-freshmen NMF?</p>

<p>I think you may have misunderstood me. The entire Riverside North is NOT reserved for NMFs.</p>

<p>Bama blocks out some suites in Riverside North so that housing can be assured that every NMF gets an honors suite if they accept/deposit late and no other honors bed is available.</p>

<p>Most NMFs choose ANOTHER honors housing hall, which is fine. And most in Riverside north are not NMFs.</p>

<p>The blocking of those rooms is just a safety net for NMFs who deposit late.</p>

<p>Thanks. That makes sense for NMF who apply late.</p>

<p>linnylu–I finally responded to your PM. And to everyone else’s (I think I had four outstanding). Sorry I’ve been so remiss…have been away from this board forever!!</p>

<p>ParkTN,
We try to accommodate housing requests, but we have a priority deadline of April 1, which is right around the corner. After that date, we cannot make guarantees that there will be space, much less space inside a specific community.</p>

<p>Your best bet is to apply for housing before April 1. Should you choose to go elsewhere, almost all of your housing deposit is refundable if you cancel by June 1.</p>

<p>While we try to reserve some space for late deciders, that space will be first come-first serve, and is very limited. I would not count on that space for Plan A. That space might not be available until late summer. Just my two cents on how the year looks to be shaping up.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine Gascoigne</p>