Honors Program Invitation

<p>Hi-- I'm just wondering when accepted students receive the invitation to apply for the honors program. And is everyone invited to apply, or just certain students? </p>

<p>Thanks so much!</p>

<p>Last I had heard everyone is now invited since the caliber of admitted students has risen over the years (that wasn't the case just 2 or 3 years ago) and they must have figured their selection for an invitation crteria was missing students. Of course, most don't do honors but it can be worth your while.</p>

<p>Thanks! Do you know when they send out the invites?</p>

<p>No- send the honors program an email with any questions- that's the best way to get the correct info.</p>

<p>For what it's worth, our daughter got a standard email inviting her to apply about two weeks after being accepted. Everyone gets one.</p>

<p>Yeah, I'm pretty sure the link is online. I'm sure you will get the email soon though. Has anyone here applied to the honors program and gotten in so far? I just submitted my application a few days ago.</p>

<p>Don't make the mistake of applying for the Business Scholars Honor program. While the information and (last time I checked) application is still on the internet, my son found out AFTER he applied that there was a very recent decision to discontinue the program due to budget cuts.</p>

<p>I got accepted to the Letters and Science Honors program today! :)</p>

<p>Do we find out about the decision in an email or through the mail?</p>

<p>I have already gotten an email (about a month ago) with an invitation to begin my application for the honors program.</p>

<p>The decision comes in the mail Jay.</p>

<p>Heard from the Letters and Science Honors Program today-accepted. I have been waiting before making a decision about which school to attend. Anybody have any input about the program and its benefits?</p>

<p>Some smaller more intensive lower level classes. Great for grad school apps.</p>

<p>I got the letter last week and was accepted. I don't know much about everything that comes along with being in the honors program, although one of my friends asked about it when she went to visit the campus and some students told her that it's not all that different--just writing some extra papers for classes. Also, the letter says that it offers small discussion classes, events outside of the classroom, and individualized advising at SOAR. I think there's also a retreat for honors students before fall semester starts.</p>