Honors Program Medicine(HPME) -Interview?

<p>Has anyone received an interview request? If not what are the time parameters?</p>

<p>I have not received any emails, but I think they should be coming out this week as the original email said “Mid-December” which Thursday would be the 15th. </p>

<p>Do you think you are going to get in? Good qualifications?</p>

<p>It’s a roll of the dice-the only certainty in life is death!</p>

<p>ACT Composite 35
English/Writing 33/11
SAT II M2 720 Bio M 750</p>

<p>GPA 4.0 UW
GPA 5.75 W</p>

<p>Class Rank 1 0f 475</p>

<p>EC</p>

<p>Soccer
4 year letterman
Captain
Coachs Award</p>

<p>Community Service
258 Hours</p>

<p>Applying - Bio-Engineering</p>

<p>Scienc & Math Course work completed
MAC2313 CALC WITH ANA GEO III
MAC2312 CALC WITH ANA GEO II
MAC2311 CALC WITH ANA GEO I
STA2037 STATS W/ CALCULUS
1202340 PRE-CALCULUS
1200340 ALG 2 HON
1206320 GEO HON
12003208 ALG 1 HON</p>

<p>CHM1045 GEN CHEMISTRY I
CHM1045L GEN CHEM I LAB
MCB 3020C GENERAL MICROBIOLOGY
BSC1011 2 GENERAL BIOLOGY II with Lab
BSC1010 1 GENERAL BIOLOGY I with Lab
PCB2336 1 HUMAN GENETICS
2003350 1 CHEMISTRY 1 HON
2000360 1 ANAT PHYSIO HON
2003420 1 ADV PL PHYS B
2000320 1 BIOLOGY 1 HON
2001320 1 ERTH/SPA SCI HON
2001380 1 ADV PL ENV SCI
2002510 1 MARINE SCI 1 HON
2003390 1 PHYS 1 HON</p>

<p>Wow very impressive qualifications, especially the class rank and ACT score…</p>

<p>However, how did you manage to take all of those math and science courses in a 4 year high school career, seems virtually impossible?</p>

<p>Careful planning and long term goal of creating the broadest and deepest math/science foundation possible. On-line lower level Pre- requisites -AP- University Dual Enrollment .</p>

<p>Multiple summer course work.</p>

<p>did anyone hear anything yet?</p>

<p>I haven’t yet. Maybe tomorrow???</p>

<p>Well Im less worried now that I know other people haven’t heard either… I don’t know what they mean when they say you’ll get an email in “mid-december,” i wish they just provided a date…</p>

<p>I just received my email, didn’t get the interview. :frowning: But I’m a finalist for the Singer scholarship! Good luck to everyone!!!</p>

<p>Congrats on the Singer Scholarship!
I still haven’t received an email yet :frowning:
Who was the email from? Undergraduate admissions or Megan Stamm?</p>

<p>I got the singer too!!! yay</p>

<p>My email was from Megan Stamm. l4dygaga, did you get an interview as well? congrats!</p>

<p>[h3qtc</a> - Tinychat](<a href=“http://tinychat.com/h3qtc]h3qtc”>Live video chat rooms, simple and easy. - Tinychat)
If anyone wants to chat ^^</p>

<p>Does anyone know how many people applied and how many got the interview?</p>

<p>@legenn8757 and @l4dygaga - assume you applied ED? Can you share your stats for comparision to others hoping to be invited to the Singer competition?
Thanks and congratulations!
~Zinc</p>

<p>I actually applied early action, I was told I was a finalist for the Singer scholarship in my email from the HPME admissions (who also told me I didn’t qualify for an interview). I am very surprised about the finalist position since according to their website, I don’t even qualify (1500 SAT, 34 ACT, top 1% of class)</p>

<p>My stats:
1470 SAT (710 Math, 760 CR)
33 ACT
GPA: 4.0 uw, 4.7 w (my school doesn’t rank)
By the end of my senior year, I will have taken 9 AP’s (I’ve gotten 4s and 5s on the 4 I have taken already)
I’m very new to CC so I’m not sure what else you wanted included in “stats”; if you want any more info, feel free to ask!</p>

<p>(Posted this in the other thread)
Got an email this morning, and I was called for an interview :D.
To all future applicants : SCORES DON"T MATTER. Just meet the requirements, and you’re good to go. At the time I applied, I had a 1400 SAT, 600 Science, and a 720 Math Subject test (However, I am valedictorian of my class). They’re really looking at extracurricular activities (Research, etc.) more than anything.</p>

<p>Just to clarify, isn’t the HPME deadline Jan. 1st? I just mailed my application in a few days ago.
(According to this website):
[HPME</a> Prospective Students Home](<a href=“MD Education: MD Education: Feinberg School of Medicine: Northwestern University”>MD Education: MD Education: Feinberg School of Medicine: Northwestern University)</p>

<p>How are you guys already getting interviews?</p>

<p>The HPME program talked about in this thread is University of Miami’s. The application was due November 1st, I believe. The HPME you’re talking about is Northwestern’s. Good luck! :)</p>

<p>Does anyone rememeber what kind of questions were asked at the interview for Miami’s HPME?</p>