Honors Program Notification

<p>Has anyone received notification that they have been accepted into the Honors Program? Everything is new this year.</p>

<p>Not yet; heard late February/early March</p>

<p>I haven’t gotten one yet. Although I did get a scholarship notification yesterday for the McFadden scholarship which I believe is an honors dorm.</p>

<p>I was wondering the same thing, I think I read somewhere that it would be by March 1st. Also what kind of notification did you get? was it an email or something in howdy? I’m hoping to hear something about that as well.</p>

<p>I got a letter in the mail from scholarships and financial aid, and it also was on my financial aid report on howdy. I had emailed them a while back asking when they would send out scholarship notifications, and they told me starting feb. 1 through the spring.</p>

<p>^ Did you get any scholarship money?</p>

<p>Both the Lechner and McFadden scholarships each give $10,000 over 4 years (8 semesters). So if skittles got that scholarship, then yes, he/she got $10,000 in scholarship money. Lechner and McFadden are the two freshman honors dorms, but these scholarships are apparently no longer linked to the honors program like they used to be. They revamped the entire honors program this year, so we will basically just have to wait around and see. Like everyone else said, we should hear by March 1.</p>

<p>@wemel yeah I got $10,000 for the McFadden scholarship, and I also received the opportunity award scholarship. My friend also received 2 scholarship notifications in the mail on Feb. 5 so apparently the financial aid office has been sending a few out this week.</p>

<p>skittles555, congrats on the McFadden Scholarship! That’s a very prestigious scholarship and, I suspect, is an excellent indication that you will be accepted into the Honors Program. I’d be very surprised if any Lechner, McFadden, or President’s Endowed Scholars did NOT get accepted into Honors.</p>

<p>Son just notified of McFadden ($2500) and National Hispanic ($3500) per year. It looks like notifications are coming out. We did not see anything specific to Honors dorm/program</p>

<p>Base on S2 past experiance, many honor scholarships have cGPA >=3.5. For engineering, it is not easy to maintain for 4 years every semester. Fot the past, some scholarships once you drop below is gone. Others you can reinstate. So, parents have a backup and read the detail carefully and visit honor handbook / website for update.</p>

<p>S rejected today.</p>

<p>^From Honors or from the university?</p>

<p>Were you notified by mail or email?</p>

<p>Rejected from Mays Honors. Accepted to the University back in October. </p>

<p>Stats - 4.4wtd GPA, SAT 710/740/750=2200, Jr & Sr Class President, Commended National Merit Scholar. Accepted to UTMcCombs, SMU BBA Scholar/Honors, Tulane Honors. Waiting for Duke (stretch school)</p>

<p>What was his class ranking?</p>

<p>skittles555 - notified by regular mail of Mays Honors rejection. Accepted to A&M/Mays in October.
wemel - private, in-state high school. Rank was 10/106 = 9%</p>

<p>Wow! I’m surprised he didn’t make it, I believe the Mays honors is separate from the university honors program however, so he could still be in that. I’m still waiting on my university honors acceptance, hopefully it comes soon.</p>

<p>D also rejected for Mays Honors Collge.
31 ACT and top 8% of class. Lots of EC’s. Letter said over 900 applicants this year. This must be a very smart group of kids this year.</p>

<p>rushedmom - sorry to hear about your D also being rejected. Where else did she apply - is her heart set on A&M? </p>

<p>Now it looks like we have the decision made for us - we were thinking he would be in Mays Honors and we’d have to choose between that, UTMcCombs regulars, and SMU BBA Scholar/Honors. Now, we’re just down to UT and SMU and it’s hard to justify the extra $$ for SMU, despite some decent scholarship money. So now it looks like he’s going to be a Longhorn, and we’re ‘a house divided’ (big brother is in aerospace eng at A&M!)</p>