Honors Program Notification

<p>She still has her heart set on A&M. Ruled out SMU a while back… D Will just have to strive for the 3.6 next year</p>

<p>Still haven’t heard from University Honors, but I did receive a brochure in the mail today about the International Honors Leadership Seminar in Italy. It says that goes to all National Merit, Achievement, and Hispanic Scholars, but it would still seem kind of weird if anyone who got invited to that wasn’t also accepted into Honors.</p>

<p>I heard that this year, the honors program is going to be taking a more holistic view towards applicants, meaning they’re going to be looking at a person as a whole rather than their academic credentials. Is this true? I hope so because even though I’m I’m the top 10%, my SAT scores aren’t up to par with what they used to require.</p>

<p>This is the first year that they have had an honors application process. We will be among the first people with first hand experience with this process. We will all find out in week.</p>

<p>Has anyone been accepted to A&M Honors yet? Supposed to hear “by March 1” via email to A&M email address. Post when you hear!</p>

<p>I’m starting to get a little anxious, I don’t even have access to my TAMU email in Howdy yet. Does anyone else have this problem?</p>

<p>^I have the same problem. Apparently we can’t access our TAMU email until we accept admission.</p>

<p>I’ve accepted admission, even applied for housing, but I still don’t have access. Maybe I have to sign up for a new student conference? I was going to wait until after I find out about honors to do that because I was under the impression that honors gets priority signing up for classes, but I thought that one of the things we do at the NSC? Not sure how that works</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure if you are in honors you don’t get priority registration until the 2nd semester you are there. At NSC, everyone is in the same boat, so to speak.</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure that the notifications will be sent out to the e-mail that you put down on your application. The school office hasn’t even opened yet so let’s give them some time :slight_smile: Maybe they’ll be sent out throughout the day as they have A LOT of e-mails to send out</p>

<p>Bumzo1, I don’t think your “acceptance” is complete until you sign up for your new student conference. My S did all that, and he does have access to his A&M email now.</p>

<p>I called the school and they said emails about the honors program would most likely go out at the end of the day.</p>

<p>Thanks, Ksog.</p>

<p>Keeping us on the edge of our seat!!! :slight_smile: Since S was an auto admit, this has really made me compassionate for those waiting for admission notifications.</p>

<p>This is my final good luck, hoping for acceptance for S and everyone else here waiting “impatiently”!</p>

<p>I’m starting to doubt the e-mail that the Honors notification will be sent to…has anyone called to ask? Will it be sent to our personal e-mail or our A&M e-mail? ( I can’t access my tamu e-mail…)</p>

<p>It will be sent to our personal email. I called around noon today and told them that as a senior in high school I don’t yet have a tamu email, and they assured me that the email they use is the personal you used for you honors application (if you recall they had to email you the link to the honors app)</p>

<p>Oh, okay. Thank you! I hope that e-mail gets in my inbox soon! I’ve been checking it nonstop lol</p>

<p>Agreed, months of anticipation have led to today and I can hardly take the wait anymore!</p>

<p>x3 I’ve been checking my email like every 5 minutes, ahh this anticipation is killing me!</p>

<p>DS and I are in the same boat. To answer some earlier posts:
You have not accepted admission until you have paid the NSC fee. There is a disclaimer that says pressing the “accept admission” button really means “start accepting admission”.
This is the first year that you applied to get in the Honors Program. One of the benefits of going through this initial process is that you are supposed to pre register, so getting an early NSC should not be a priority. I read this somewhere on the Honors web site. Whoever is not sure should confirm. Sigh…Wait some more.</p>