Honors Program Notification

<p>My greatest fear is that they are going to delay the notifications to another day! I am going to be so angry… >=( They should still send the notification even if we haven’t accepted A&M yet right?</p>

<p>desilu, there is no priority registration for incoming freshmen until second semester. They all register at the NSC. But a late NSC isn’t really a problem. My oldest S got a very late NSC but, after he arrived on campus for his freshman year, he was able to drop and add classes until he had the schedule he wanted.</p>

<p>Okay I just went to the Honors page at the TAMU website. According to their page, the notifications should be sent to the TAMU email account…an account I can’t even access because I’m not a student…</p>

<p>Eve411, based on previous posts, it looks like those who have accepted admission (which includes signing up for a NSC) do have access to TAMU email account, but according to Post #36, the Honors notification will be sent to your personal email. So for those who have access to TAMU email, I guess they need to check that as well as their personal email account. In any event, so far, no emails here.</p>

<p>We have not heard anything either! Still waiting and wondering…</p>

<p>does anyone know if we will get an email even if we dont get accepted. im getting really nervous :(</p>

<p>I’m afraid that we won’t get anything by this point… the office closed at 5 and we should’ve gotten our emails before then. We may just have to wait until tomorrow…and the agony continues… =/</p>

<p>I think we get emails either way. The website says you get a decision on March 1st, so I assume that means both acceptances and rejections</p>

<p>aggghhhh! :(</p>

<p>They may have set the emails up to go after hours so they won’t have to talk to any disappointed seniors or furious parents until they’ve calmed down overnight! That’s how our high school handles things. I assume all notices will go out at the same time either way.</p>

<p>haha. that makes sense :)</p>

<p>Well, it’s getting kinda late so I hope those after hour emails get sent soon! Otherwise, they will get to hear my voice first thing in the morning :slight_smile: When we apply for housing, we will be put into McFadden/Lechner no matter what our choices were if we get int honors right? I want to be in the Learning Living Community</p>

<p>This is the official word on the web site. Of course, sometimes things don’t always go as planned</p>

<p>[Honors</a> Program](<a href=“http://honors.tamu.edu/ProspectiveStudents.html]Honors”>http://honors.tamu.edu/ProspectiveStudents.html)</p>

<p>In short, you will be notified by March 1st to your TAMU e-mail account. For the first time, you will be able to pre-register (presumably before your NSC). It’s all different now.</p>

<p>Eve411,</p>

<p>The Honors Housing Community is one of many Living Learning Communities.</p>

<p>So, I literally just got a call from the office of admissions asking me if I had any questions about TAMU so far. I went ahead and asked when Honors notifications would be sent out…he told me they should be sent out next week. Well, I’m not sure how reliable that is, since he’s from the office of admissions and not the honors program :confused: Either way, good luck to you all! :slight_smile: I’m sooooo anxious haha :(</p>

<p>desilu,</p>

<p>The honors website DOES say that we will find out through our TAMU e-mail. I tried accessing mine but the requirements to get into the TAMU email are if you’re a staff member, a current student, or a student who has accepted admissions and is 3 weeks away from their NSC. I’m not sure how we will be able to check so I think it will just be a matter of calling the honors office directly and asking them.</p>

<p>I talked to a PSC worker tonight at a meeting, and he said that the emails will most likely be sent out close to midnight.</p>

<p>looks like I’ll be sleeping with my phone tonight</p>

<p>No Joke. Good luck, buddy.</p>

<p>Bumzo1,</p>

<p>Thanks for making my day. I laughed so hard when I read your comment :smiley:
But seriously…I’m with you. I won’t sleep till I see that e-mail in my inbox :p</p>