Honors Program

<p>I just received a letter from the Honors Program, asking me to apply. Does everyone get this? Is it really competitive?</p>

<p>I got the same letter a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if everyone gets it, but i wouldnt think so, because in the letter it seems like students who have performed at a high level in high school receive it...From what i hear, it obviously has a more intense curriculum... you can choose to be a part of the program through the liberal arts college or through your intended major. One thing i liked about it was that there was no obligation to live in honors housing..</p>

<p>yeah, I got it too with a bad GPA (25% of applicants), so i think everyone gets it</p>

<p>I just found out that only the top 10 % of applicants get invited to apply...</p>

<p>I think it's top 10% by gpa or SAT/ACT scores.</p>

<p>It's based on high school GPA; anyone with either a 3.6 GPA or class rank within the top 10%.</p>

<p>My unweighted GPA was 3.32 and I got invited to apply to the honors college... I don't know how they recalculate it. I got a 32 on my ACT though.</p>

<p>Yea I had a 2110 SAT, but a 3.30 UW GPA, but with a difficult courseloud.</p>

<p>me too i got the honors program sheet too</p>

<p>I'm in top 8% with a 32 ACT and I didn't get sent a request to apply.....</p>

<p>I also didn't ever send in a deposit/housing information, so I think you had to send that in too.</p>

<p>No, you definitely didn't have to send in the deposit to be invited to apply for honors.</p>

<p>OHLookitssara,</p>

<p>If you're interested, you can email them to send you an application.</p>