Honors Programs

<p>I’m looking for more info about some of the honors options. Specifically the computer based program and the university fellows experience. </p>

<p>Is the CBHP basically just research? Right now I’m applying to the Honors College, but since the CBHP app is on the same page, will I be able to apply to that later if I decide to? </p>

<p>Also, the UFE sounds mostly about community service (which I am interested in) but will it add a lot academically to my experience?</p>

<p>If anyone has personal experience with these programs, please share!</p>

<p>Some students belong to CBH and UFE…you can apply to both if you’d like.</p>

<p>yes, you can submit your UHP app now, and your UFE and CBH apps later…due dates for those two are probably in Dec and Jan.</p>

<p>CBH is mostly research, but it’s meaningful research which helps for future employment and/or admission into grad/med schools. So, keep that in mind as well. With your stats, you’d be a strong applicant. </p>

<p>UFE is mostly community service, but more along the lines of developing the service programs and implementing them…so also very meaningful.</p>

<p>Alright, for now I will just apply for UHP but I might apply for CBHP later. How long should my UHP essay be? Am I expected to use all 2000 characters?</p>

<p>You don’t have to use all 2000 char, but think about it, 2000 char is not much. That’s about 400-500 words. Characters are letters, punctuation, and spaces.</p>

<p>Oh true. Is like a paragraph enough though, or should it be more?</p>

<p>No, a paragraph would not be enough for the CBH or UFE essays. </p>

<p>A paragraph is enough for the UHP application.</p>

<p>Thank you! For now I’m just doing the UHP app. :)</p>