Honors update

<p>Anyone heard back from UW honors yet?</p>

<p>Do you mean admission? If so, yes. Since the admission notcie, no news yet.</p>

<p>the last date for sending in the essay and application for honors is april 15th. It is a rolling admission to the honors program. You should hear back within 2-3 weeks after you send in the forms.</p>

<p>its actually april 14th</p>

<p>Broom</p>

<p>You are right. it is april 14.</p>

<p>can anyone apply? or is it by invite?</p>

<p>by invite only.</p>

<p>Some 2,000 people receive an invitation to apply. 900 or so end up turning in the application, of which 92% are accepted. </p>

<p>Atleast, that's how its been in previous years.</p>

<p>How long does Madison take to review and/or confirm receiving the honors application? I sent mine last Saturday- when can I expect a response back?</p>

<p>1 month to receive a decision. About 2 weeks to receive a confirmation postcard.</p>

<p>I'm sending in my application tomorrow but I'm kind of scared...even if I do get in, how much more work will it be? I'm not scared of working harder, but will my grades suffer because the work is tougher?</p>

<p>You have to fulfill all Honors requirements by the time you graduate, but you do not have to take honors classes during any given semester. If you are worried about doing additional work during your first semester of college, just don't enroll in honors classes right away. </p>

<p>Honors work varies widely and depends completely on the professor. One professor's honors assignment turned out to be by far the most difficult project I had to complete during college, but another professor's honors assignment was a single worksheet that took about half an hour to complete. </p>

<p>You can e-mail or meet them on the first day of class or before, to ask about honors requirements. It's smart to spread the most difficult classes out so you have a few each semester, rather than taking them all at once.</p>

<p>Are honors classes not "weighted" more heavily than regular courses on GPA?
Are honors course grades recorded as unweighted on the transcript, with an honors next to the name?
Is there even a weighted or unweighted gpa at Wisconsin, or any other university?</p>