Honors vs Non Honors ?'s

<p>Son will be applying soon… He did not get the ACT score for Honors but may take it again in September… he has friends who will be in Honors and some that will not- I’ve been told that the Honors student can live in Non Honors suites and apply for housing for all 4 …</p>

<p>what is the biggest plus for the Honors program besides housing and registration priority and smaller classes … </p>

<p>I am pretty sure most of his friends will pledge a fraternity and probably live in apartments sophomore year forward so the housing isn’t really much of an issue after freshman year…</p>

<p>any tips from those that are there now would be great- Thanks and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>* I’ve been told that the Honors student can live in Non Honors suites and apply for housing for all 4 …*</p>

<p>Yes, an honors kid can live in nonhonors. But ANYONE can choose a suite and then pull in the roommates. that isn’t just an honors thing.</p>

<p>an honors kid can’t choose an honors suite and then pull in nonhonors kids.</p>

<p>The priority registration is a huge plus. Because he was in the Honors College and came into Alabama with a large number of AP credits, my son always has chosen his classes on the first or second day of priority registration. So he got the classes and professors that he wanted, including the honors classes that interested him. Encourage your son to try to increase his ACT score. He may not think it’s that big of a deal now, but once he’s at Alabama, he will see the benefit.</p>

<p>thanks- we will try again in September</p>

<p>M2CK- when you say anyone - you mean anyone on housing list i guess- we plan to pay housing deposit as soon as we get the email… so we will be higher on housing list- It seems liek there are more suites dorms than the older ones like Burke- we looked at RC North</p>

<p>If your son has 3 friends that he wants in his suite, then the person (maybe him) who has the earliest sign up date chooses a room and then can “pull” the others into his suite. </p>

<p>Do you mean Ridgecrest South?</p>

<p>Maybe it was North- didnt pay attention.</p>

<p>If your son has the earliest housing choice time, and chooses Ridgecrest South (non honors) and wants to pull his friends in, he can as long as he has their numbers and they’ve been accepted (at that point) to the university.</p>