hoping to transfer fall '09

<p>here are my stats (looking to transfer into 2012)
hs gpa: 2.9 took all legit classes, came from one of the most competitive high schools in wisconsin
act: 27, writing: 12</p>

<p>good hs recommendation (should i try and get a college one?)</p>

<p>college gpa: 2.9 @ Indiana University, first semester freshman year, science major got B+ in 3 credit bio and B in 5 credit chem, then took 6 more credits in english</p>

<p>decent ECA's, became involved in things at college so far</p>

<p>i included explanation why my gpa was below 3.0 (should have had A- in bio and change of professor in an english class were i got a C+)</p>

<p>next semester taking 15 credits, next level sciences and second level calc</p>

<p>any insight on my chances would be great
im kind of expecting to get postponed but i know ill get better grades next semester
thanks!</p>

<p>2.9 at IU isn't exactly impressive. You should really, really strive for a 3.5 or higher this spring semester.</p>

<p>"B+ in 3 credit bio and B in 5 credit chem" is really not anything exceptional, and honestly, not having at least a 3.0 to transfer here is a tough call.</p>

<p>You'd be lucky to get postponed. Yes, you should have a college recommendation.</p>

<p>i am also looking to transfer from Indiana University to UW madison</p>

<p>hs gpa:3.67
act:28
i got in to UW off the wait list last year</p>

<p>college gpa:3.4(mythology, accounting, finite math, psychology,and k201 a computer busines class) which was 13 credits</p>

<p>i also plan to take 18 credits next semester</p>

<p>if anyone has transfered from another school to UW(what gpa they had or things like that) or has any input at all on what my chances of getting in would be that would be very helpful:)
thanks!</p>