Hotchkiss vs St. Mark's vs NMH

Hey guys, I was accepted to these 3 schools (also Kent, but I do not really like it), and I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me on deciding on which one to go to.

I was offered full pay to NMH, but no financial aid to Hotchkiss and St. Mark’s.

Also, I what is so great about Hotchkiss? It seems extremely preppy and fancy for me.

Thanks

1 Like

if the no financial aid at Hotchkiss and St. Mark’s is going to put a lot of financial stress on your family, I strongly recommend choosing NMH.

Only a small amount of people in this world have the money to pay for boarding school, and even then, there’s also college to be paid for.

I’ll echo what most people on this board say: choose what feels right and where you will feel happy and grow as a whole person.

And also GO TO REVISITS

2 Likes

Re-posting.

No need for anyone to rush - go to as many revisits as you can. This has been a long process for every family, so surely we can all wait another week before deciding?

While our family loves Hotchkiss and have had a great experience there, and its music program is fantastic, we hear great things about NMH overall.

I am a little confused - did you receive full financial aid to NMH, or are you full pay there? If it is full financial aid, then it should make the decision easy.

If you are Full Pay at all 3, then please revisit at least 2 of these 3.

Congratulations.

3 Likes

Right Decision is ultimately from your heart. I feel all the three schools will fulfill your dream ( BTW I don’t really like Kent either). I have heard a girl from NMH who is really unhappy because of their specific course structure. But this is the one that give yoi full financial aid. It is worth to take revisits and talk with your family then choose the one that you would regret if you didn’t go.

1 Like