Hotel for move-in

<p>Originally, our whole family was going to head to Bama to move D in for her sophomore year. That plan has changed. I just don’t think having 3 extra kiddos while we are trying to organize D is a good idea- not to mention the 12 hour car ride each way. I had booked 2 rooms at the Country Inn and Suites, and was wondering if anyone still needs a room for Friday and Saturday nights, August 16th and 17th?</p>

<p>Tempting. DS (only child) is starting his college career on the 16th, and all my instincts tell me that it will be “problematic.” I really should be nearby.</p>

<p>But I’ve already waxed the foyer floor for my Risky Business sunglasses and socks dance back home, so I’ll pass.</p>

<p>Hilarious!</p>

<p>You heard it here first: Bill wears tighty whities?!</p>

<p>Hmmm, re-read my post. I didn’t say anything about underpants. </p>

<p>linnylu, did you find a CCer to team up with? Have you considered Craigslist? I have only limited experience with CL (game tickets and want ads), but it may be an option to reach poor souls who have not discovered CC.</p>

<p>You might reconsider wearing some on move-in day. Just in case the nice folks at UAPD happen to spot you flying around the corner on two wheels, passenger door flung open and a kid being pushed out and they want to question you. Just in case Bubba wants to get frisky risky while you are waiting for the CC bunch to come bail you out.</p>

<p>In the linked thread, ILMOM2012 said she couldn’t get a room in T-town.</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1532534-move-hotels.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1532534-move-hotels.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Bill, I’m sure linnylu is just being nice and asking if someone here needs the room before she just cancels it. There’s no penalty for cancelling. Oh, and Bill, please clarify that you’re not telling us that you will be sans underwear.</p>

<p>Unless Rebecca De Mornay shows up and insists, I’ll be mostly clothed, playing the music at a neighborly geezer-volume, and sliding gingerly. And smiling. Smiling a lot. Whether Rebecca shows or not.</p>

<p>Yes, I am checking if anyone needs a hotel room before canceling. Let me know!</p>

<p>Laughing so hard DS put his head around the door to see what the commotion was about. I told him Tom Cruise and he said “The old guy in the Oblivion movie that tanked?” He’ll learn, but you made my night!</p>

<p>LOL- If these posts had a “like” button, Bill’s would definitely qualify.</p>

<p>Hey I may be interested in your room if still available. Unless my hubs got us a room last night while working late on the computer, we were just going to stay in Birmingham. I’ll check and let you know. Thanks</p>

<p>How much is the hotel? I am thinking of coming back up for bid day. (<a href="mailto:gotjenks45@live.com">gotjenks45@live.com</a>)</p>

<p>gotjenks, I’m flying into Bham on Friday late afternoon and staying in Birmingham instead of Tuscaloosa. My ride, D’s roommates parents are my ride for the weekend and they are staying in Birmingham with friends. It’s not too far and being that I have an early Sunday flight I would rather be closer to the airport. I’ll be staying in the Mountain Brook area if you want to stay close by.</p>

<p>Bill…the waxed floor image only works with tightie whities. </p>

<p>Anything else conjures up an ole dude wearing boxers and knee high socks.</p>