Hotel Recommendations

<p>D and H are planning to visit Bama in mid-January, and I’m looking for hotel recommendations for them. Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay that’s near the campus? Thanks!</p>

<p>Capstone Hotel, but rates might be high that weekend.</p>

<p>Hampton Inn…Holiday Inn Express…</p>

<p>Thanks M2CK. I had already checked the Capstone Hotel - no availability that weekend, unfortunately. I’ll check out the other two.</p>

<p>Courtyard by Mariott…Fairfield Inn next door…Jameson Inn…</p>

<p>I would recommend the Hampton Inn University or the Holiday Inn Express.</p>

<p>Second (or third) the Hampton Inn. D and I have stayed there twice. Very close to campus.</p>

<p>Glad to hear the recommendations for the Hampton Inn. We’ll be staying there in February for UA Honor Band and All-State Orchestra. 6 nights all total.</p>

<p>Love Fairfield Inn in Tuscaloosa. It has become our second home. Sign up for Marriott Rewards. Great quiche for breakfast, wonderful staff, quiet, clean, convenient to campus and shopping, eating.</p>

<p>We stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham for 2 nights last week and were very happy with our choice and plan to stay there again on our next trip to Tuscaloosa. We booked through Hotwire (on advice we got here on CC) and it was the only 3 star option.</p>

<p>Courtyard by Marriott is very nice and they have a small laundry room as well. That can come in handy.</p>

<p>We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa … maybe 2 miles from campus, just off the highway. Very clean, updated rooms, free breakfast. We stay in them all over the country, and we’ve never had a problem.</p>

<p>Adding … Country Inn & Suites by Carlson located at: 4801 McFarland Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405 … for those of you looking on the online maps.</p>

<p>If you’re going to stay six days, you might want to look at an extended stay hotel. There’s one on Veterans pkwy, near the Holiday Inn Express. It’s called Home Towne Suites, I think.</p>

<p>We’re not staying 6 days all at once, though. 3 nights one weekend, 3 nights the next weekend.</p>

<p>Courtyard is next to the Fairfield. You can use their laundry room if you’re at the Fairfield. Courtyards usually don’t have free breakfast, so husband won’t stay in them.</p>

<p>Stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham when we visited. It was great. Very quiet, new, and clean.</p>

<p>LQ.com gave us a price for only $44 per night!</p>