Hotels

<p>What are the best hotels as far as location being close to campus, cleanliness, and reasonable price? I need to book a hotel for Move-In Day. Also, my daughter will be participating in Alabama Action. Is it better to move in that weekend or the weekend after? How many days does it take to move-in?</p>

<p>The Hampton Inn on Harper Lee Drive is very nice. They serve a free breakfast.</p>

<p>You sign up for a specific move-in time. That’s when you pull up, get your room keys, the folks load your stuff from your car and take it to your room. Most folks make a trip to Target and Publix for supplies and then leave campus. You can certainly stay around, we did. </p>

<p>My D did AA last year. We moved her in at the appointed time. Helped her arrange her stuff, shopped, ate out and said good night. The next day we came back to see her and pretty much just said good-bye. We could have left the first day. YMMV.</p>

<p>thanks! i tried to get a room at hampton inn but they don’t have any rooms with double beds - only one queen or one king</p>

<p>We are booked at the Hilton Garden Inn for the weekend before AA. I just changed our reservation last night to move it up a day, but in order to do that I had to book a new reservation and then cancel the old one. There were rooms still available.</p>

<p>We also stayed at the Microtel near Target. It wasn’t as nice as the Hampton but it was still fine. They offer a free breakfast too. Bonus: You are right by Target!!</p>

<p>Holiday Inn Express by Target is also good.</p>

<p>It’s on 15th …also called Veteran’s Memorial.</p>

<p>The Microtel is definitely a nice option. free juice in the fridge downstairs.</p>

<p>Hampton Inn on Harper Lee, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, The Yellow Hammer Inn (although it is about 20 minutes out it is very quiet). Book early!</p>

<p>We just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. Hotel was very nice and our room rate came with a made to order breakfast.</p>

<p>While we were there the LSU softball team, Auburn baseball team and Hank Willams Jr.
Band (not sure about Hank!) all had rooms!</p>

<p>The folks traveling with LSU could not get over our beautiful campus! They even took photos of our presidents house!</p>

<p>We also ventured into the Bear Bryant Museum. An alumni from the 1950s was visiting. He was just thrilled with the campus…so proud!</p>

<p>While we were there the LSU softball team</p>

<p>The weekend after the BCS Championship game, we stayed at a Ttown hotel where an LSU team was staying. They didn’t look too happy at breakfast when the rest of the room pretty much were all wearing Bama spiritwear and the hotel was adorned in Bama congratulations. (I kinda felt sorry for them. :wink: ) </p>

<p>It was a Roll Tide moment.</p>

<p>I’m sure that the LSU people were impressed by Bama’s beauty. I’ve been on LSU’s campus 3 times in the last 12 months. It’s an overgrown tree mess with little to redeem it.</p>

<p>I just stayed at the wingate and it was very nice and clean. Breakfast was very good. paid $50.00 per night through priceline. great deal and was very happy with the place.</p>

<p>Wingate is very nice, but be aware that it’s several miles away. It’s a great place, though.</p>

<p>If places are available, we like to stay close to 15th and McFarland because it’s close to so many places to eat.</p>

<p>giggling about the LSU campus comment - that’s exactly what we thought when we visited. also, it’s so sandy looking around there - no green grass at all like the bama campus!</p>

<p>I also stayed at the wingate and it was very nice and not too far from campus. (like 5 minutes)</p>

<p>We usually stay at the courtyard Marriott. It’s about 10 minutes away from campus. We have also stayed at the fairfield and wing ate, which were fine.</p>

<p>My son did outdoor action,so we moved him in that weekend. He was very glad to be all set. He said the next weekend was very crazy with so many people moving in.</p>