Hotwire - Tuscaloosa?

<p>Does anyone know which hotel the 3 star Hotwire hotel that is “Tuscaloosa South and East area” , 4.0 out of 5.0 on Tripadvisor is? It’s the only 3 star available (could be one of a few that are 3 star, I guess).</p>

<p>The only 3 star listed for Hotwire in the Tuscaloosa area on betterbidding.com is the Wingate, however they do provide a disclaimer that it is not a comprehensive list and you may get a hotel that doesn’t appear on the list.</p>

<p>The amenities that betterbidding shows are fitness center, breakfast, internet, and business center.</p>

<p>If the location and amenities match, then that’s probably the one.</p>

<p>agree with wingate.</p>

<p>if it has a good approval rrating, you should be ok.</p>

<p>Here’s the link to the Hotwire list (although it’s VERY short) - [HOTWIRE</a> HOTEL LISTS - A States](<a href=“HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST - A States - Priceline Coupons, Hotwire Hotels Revealed, Hotel Lists, Bidding Help”>HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST - A States - Priceline Coupons, Hotwire Hotels Revealed, Hotel Lists, Bidding Help)</p>

<p>Mike, just trying to decide between the Wingate or your fancy pancake machine. Both are same price. :)</p>

<p>Thanks, jrcsmom. I thought too it was the Wingate. I may book it, just to see.</p>

<p>But who has bacon???</p>

<p>best western has the fancy pancake machine AND bacon!!!</p>

<p>I don’t know who has the bacon! That would make the decision much easier. Especially after the 3 night for move-in weekend - none of which had bacon. Of course, NRDMOM had bacon at her hotel and had to text me a photo of it…</p>

<p>The Wingate has some gotten some bad reviews lately, too. Might wait, maybe the rates will come down.</p>

<p>Oh, spoke too soon. Thanks Mike, maybe I will just do BW.</p>

<p>all this talk about fancy pancakes and bacon … and my favorite thing at the hotel buffet breakfast is a toasted bagel with PB&J! :slight_smile: in fact i could go for one of those RIGHT NOW!</p>

<p>BW reminds me of stopping at a motel on car trips as a kid. :slight_smile: it isn’t the fanciest place in town, but it is decent and their breakfast is better than most hotel free breakfasts (you know the ones who have every variety of prepackaged breakfast item known to man. they have some of that, too, but they also have a eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy and pancakes.)</p>

<p>Mike, does it have outside or interior corridor doors?</p>

<p>And tomorrow eating season - I mean sitting on the couch snacking and watching football on TV - starts! Yay!</p>

<p>outside. we like to stay in the rooms facing the pool.</p>

<p>there’s a season for that??? i thought that was a year-round thing!??!</p>

<p>Stayed at Wingate last year and it was just fine. </p>

<p>Eating/Watching/Couch season started tonight at our house and it was ugly. Hope tomorrow is much, much better!</p>

<p>Lattelady, that’s because it was too stinkin hot to do anything else. Wish I could have stayed in doing the whole eating/watching/couch thing tonight. Nope, it was the kickoff of high school football.</p>

<p>Dang! I’m craving bacon now. Thanks y’all! :(</p>

<p>^^ Well, it’s about 1:00 AM and it’s still 93 degrees. So yeah, I’m with you on that! But hubs’ alma mater was beaten by an FCS team. That was really the ugly part. And the Rangers lost. But tomorrow it’s the Crimson Tide!</p>

<p>I’ve stayed at the Wingate 4 different times now, and each time has been just fine. They do have bacon - not every day, but if you stay there multiple nights, they will have bacon at least once while you’re there. They have a fancy waffle maker, if that helps. They have a pool. It is a bit further from campus, but very quiet, always clean, and the staff are very friendly. When I stayed more ‘in town’ this past move-in, I was somewhat disappointed with my choice (similar stars,etc.) - the front desk area was not as friendly and spatially open as the Wingate, and staff did not greet me as they did at the Wingate. TONS of bacon, tho - like huge trays and pans of it. No fancy waffle/pancake machine. </p>

<p>But here’s what I want to know about staying in Tuscaloosa - why can’t a hotel provide REAL cutlery and REAL plates instead of the cheapest, flimsiest individually wrapped plastic forks, knives, and spoons and Styrofoam plates and thin plastic cups?!? It just cheapens any place to have to eat this way. It is not environmentally friendly. It’s just yuck…</p>

<p>Yes, snacking season is very specific. It starts with kick-off weekend and culminates at the holidays, at which point you say to yourself “what the heck have I done to myself?” as you step on the scale and see that needle creeping way towards the right of where it was at the end of summer when you were at least somewhat consistent with exercising. </p>

<p>There are, of course, the exceptions of the BCS game and any NFL playoff games your team makes, but come January 1, snacking season is officially replaced by the delusional “this is the year I am going to eat right and exercise daily” season.</p>

<p>I flaunted my bacon. </p>

<p>I would do it again.</p>