Houndstooth Cookies..proceeds to go for relief

<p>[Limited</a> Time Only! Tuscaloosa Tornado Relief Cookie Baskets! Blue Bird Baskets](<a href=“http://bluebirdbaskets.■■■■■■■■■■■■■/2011/06/01/limited-time-only-tuscaloosa-tornado-relief-cookie-baskets/]Limited”>http://bluebirdbaskets.■■■■■■■■■■■■■/2011/06/01/limited-time-only-tuscaloosa-tornado-relief-cookie-baskets/)</p>

<p>If you also click on this lady’s blog, you’ll see that she’s a T-town resident whose home also sustained some damage, but she’s doing this for OTHERS.</p>

<p>Jane Batson from the Honors College sent out this notification.</p>

<p>If you can, order a basket to help Kelli raise money for UA Acts of Kindness Fund.</p>

<p>Thanks for the post. I’ve got a closet full of relief t-shirts now. Looks like I’ll be ordering some cookies!</p>

<p>Oh, this is great! I can order a basket for my daughter and maybe have it delivered to Lakeside. Thanks!</p>

<p>Found the blog. Yum, they look delicious! Sent an email to see if they’ll deliver. Would love to find this store, as they’ve got some other yummy goodies on their website.</p>

<p>Yes, they will deliver to OOS. I’ll be ordering a bunch for friends. Love the houndstooth ones!</p>

<p>Gosh, I wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I was just in T-Town for Bama Bound. I would have bought a bunch for son’s graduation for this week. I think I’ll email her and see what the OOS shipping would entail.</p>

<p>We drove around and looked at the damage and what remains of the 15th street area. Words do not describe what I saw. The TV just doesn’t capture the destruction. But after spending two days at Bama Bound I feel confident the University and its students will be working together to help the city rebuild. God Bless all that were hurt or killed.</p>

<p>hokiefan: It is so true that it is very hard to imagine the devastation that the tornado has wrought until you see it in person. There are many opportunities this summer for students to volunteer but as you have seen it is a vast job. I am positive that there will still be many volunteer opportunities once the school year has begun. My son returned to campus to help after the tornado and it was a very worthwhile endeavor. When we arrived with a van full of donations (from many of my son’s friends) it was a very welcome addition.</p>

<p>I am glad that you were able to see that the campus is in fine shape and hope that your trip went well. Congrats on your son’s graduation!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>It’s true…pics and video don’t capture the mass amounts of debris and devastation. My heart was broken as we drove through one of the hardest hit neighborhoods (Lake Forest, maybe) last weekend.</p>

<p>My post was really for a follow-up on the cookie fundraiser. I ordered a basket yesterday via Etsy. I rec’d an email from KELLI Wright confirming the order within the hour. I replied to her asking if she would deliver to Lakeside East at a specific time today (an hour time frame). She said no problem. Kelli also included a personalized note with the basket. </p>

<p>My daughter just called totally thrilled with her little surprise. She and the roomies are loving the cookies. They have all posted pics of the cookie basket on FaceBook. They can’t get over the houndstooth decorating all done by hand. Then I told the girls that it was for the UA Acts of Kindness fund and that little fact was the icing on the cake for them!</p>

<p>FYI…I’m the coolest mom on earth, right now ;)</p>

<p>^^^So glad you got the cookies! It is not an brick and mortar store. It’s an online shop through a site called Etsy. Can’t wait to get my basket, too!</p>

<p>Does she ship oos? Has anyone ordered and had them ship? Did they arrive ok…are they still in a basket? I have emailed Kelli and am awaiting a reply but was curious about the oos shipping…</p>

<p>api- just had Kelli deliver them to dorm (in Ttown) even though I’m in Indiana. She responded to my email relatively quickly. I know that she bakes them when she receives an order. Did you see the pic on my fb wall?</p>

<p>I did and I want some…bad!!!</p>

<p>The girls haven’t tried them yet…they said that they’re too cute to eat!</p>

<p>Just ordered mine. Put a note that I wanted the houndstooth. Will let you know when I get them. I don’t think the guys will think they’re too cute to eat. Sweets don’t last long in our house!</p>

<p>I also ordered the cookies from this women. I contacted her on Saturday and she got back to me in a few hours. The ordered was processed and the cookies are being shipped today. I should received them in 2-3 days (just in time for graduation). She has set up an OOS order form on her website. She also shared with me that she works at the University.</p>

<p>I’ll let you all know how they look and tste when they arrive. I’m happy to be able to help this community my son will be a part of this next four years. While it is just something small it will be a real conversation starter at my home. Family from all over the country are arriving to be a part of my son’s day. No one has ever been to Alabama so it will be a good opportunity to talk about it.</p>

<p>I’ll keep you posted.</p>

<p>Mine should arrive tomorrow! I also heard over the weekend of some local students going to Bama next year, and think they would be a great Welcome to the Bama Family gift!</p>

<p>We got out Houndstooth cookies today. They came in a gorgeous basket, beautifully decorated, including a Houndstooth ribbon! What a beautiful job they did, and what a great cause!</p>

<p>I ordered 3 baskets today :). She is shipping them to NYC, DC and Muscle Shoals. I am so excited !!!</p>

<p>^^^Oh, that’s awesome! Good to know she’ll ship to other addresses than the person placing the order.</p>

<p>The cookies are absolutely delicious! And so fresh! Highly recommend!</p>