Housing/ Apartments (Lucky?)

<p>Hi. I am a transfer student into Madison. I am in the School of Education so a majority of my classes will be by the Kohl Center? Anyway. I was wondering what are some pretty good apartments on campus. I have heard of Lucky. Is it all it is hyped up to be? Also what are the chances of finding a fall sublet? Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Lucky is really nice. Really, really nice. It is hard to find an apartment near campus that is that nice, and it’s ridiculously convenient. Of course, you get what you pay for…it is really expensive and you can get something that is almost as nice for a lot less money. </p>

<p>I would be confused if your classes were by the Kohl Center, however…what buildings are you referring to? I don’t know how hard it is to find a fall sublet…spring and summer sublets should be easier with people going abroad or going home. However it’s a HUGE building so you’ll probably find something. If you are a transfer student you might want to try to find something that is not “Lucky 101” which is the first few floors (they have RAs and it’s more of a freshman environment).</p>

<p>My friend who works for the university said my classes would be by the kohl center. but i honestly dont know. So is lucky worth the money? I know its nice, but is there somewhere just as nice that is not very far away?</p>

<p>classes by the Kohl center??!!</p>

<p>Like I said my friend who works in the engineering office told me that. I haven’t actually looked into it. So Idk. Anyway I want housing by the Kohl center. I was looking at lucky. Is it worth the $? What are some other good areas around there?</p>

<p>Sent from my DROIDX using CC App</p>

<p>I think there are very few class buildings near the Kohl Center. If you are an education major, the actual Education building is on Bascom Hill, and I think there is another education building, but it is closer to the rest of the class buildings. It is perfectly fine to live near the Kohl Center, that will be a short walk to everywhere, but just know your class buildings really shouldn’t be over there.</p>

<p>Lucky is extremely nice, and if you are willing to pay that amount of money, it is worth it. I personally cannot afford it. Next year I’ll be living in an apartment that is not quite as nice, but it’s pretty close and it’s about $300/month less.</p>

<p>If you really wanna live near the Kohl Center, you could check out the Palisades. Not as nice as Lucky, but a good building, lots going on there all the time, and it’s definitely decent. There are a lot of houses near the Kohl Center as well. There are several large apartment buildings a few blocks away. Look up Equinox (I’m living there next year), Embassy, Aberdeen, 420 W Gorham, La Ciel. All big apartment buildings, all pretty nice, lots of parties there though so it might be loud. If you want quiet, maybe try finding a house.</p>

<p>Also look up Grand Central. It’s farther from the others than the Kohl Center, but it is very nice and it will be closer to your classes if you are an education major.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Sent from my DROIDX using CC App</p>

<p>Grand Central is nice and new like Lucky and closer toward campus than Lucky. If you contact Madison Property Management, they will email you a list of people looking for another roommate (the list will have all their properties, so you’ll need to read the descriptions to find which are for Grand Central).</p>

<p>This link has a sublet list but it’s just for this summer.</p>

<p>[Grand</a> Central Apartments - 1022 W Johnson St - Madison Property Management, Inc.](<a href=“http://www.madisonproperty.com/MPM_GrandCentral.aspx]Grand”>Rental Communities | Madison Property Management | Madison WI)</p>

<p>Go to the UW housing site and look at the off campus housing apartment finder (an icon is on the left sidebar). You can choose location and amenities to focus on what you want and what is available. This will give you an idea of what is still available for fall and what pricing for various sizes et al is.</p>