Housing assignment

<p>I know our housing assignments are not posted yet, however I was looking at my e-bill today and it had on it a charge for "Housing - Upper Quad, Fall" I am assuming this means I am stuck in Upper quad housing or is this just a generic charge? I kind of hope I am not stuck up there, does anybody else have this charge or something different on their e-bill?</p>

<p>I'm guessing that means that you are in the upper quad because my e-bill says "Housing - Lower Quad, Fall". But it could be worse. You could be in a converted study lounge or with an RA.</p>

<p>Actually if you're with an RA or in a converted room I THINK it would show up the same for you.</p>

<p>Laaaameeee... oh well, I guess I will get some good exercise walking to meet up with friends or get a meal anywhere other than shultz.</p>

<p>Are you a cadet? I am and my bill says the same thing. I assumed it was just because thats where all the cadet dorms are.</p>

<p>Nope, I'm civilian. There are one and a half civilian residence halls up in that corner of campus and the rest are cadet. Oh well, c'est la vie.</p>

<p>I think that Upper Quad is where you were assigned. My daughter's bill and her requested roommate's say "New Residence Hall". I guess because of the shortage of rooms, they are putting some freshmen there. Since she signed up for housing on 12/20, she must have been in an early group and when we went to orientation they said they assigned housing based on when you sent in your housing contract.</p>

<p>Meh, I put my contract in the day after you were allowed to submit it, guess I just missed the boat for the lower campus housing.</p>

<p>How is Shultz anyway? I have never gotten the chance to eat there.</p>

<p>Shultz is terrible. They might be shutting it down even though the dining halls are already pretty busy because nobody goes there because it's terrible. If you ask any non-cadet on campus about 80% of them will have never eaten at Shultz because (once again) it's terrible. I think the breakfast there is ok though.</p>

<p>You should be sort of close to Au Bon Pair and Sabarro in the student center. Both are in the student center and on the meal plan, and both are really good. And it's not THAT far to Owens/Hokie Grill for you. The only real hikes are going to be if you want D2 or West End (which you will since WE is amazing) and even then a 10 minute walk never killed anybody. You'll be near some good off-campus places as well.</p>

<p>Haha thanks Chuy; I have eaten at every other dining hall, so I guess I will be spending a lot of time at Hokie Grill.</p>

<p>You like Hokie Grill over Owens? You're not alone in that but I've never understood it. The sandwich place in owens is amazing. Go there and order the "Fantastic Frank" some time. You'll be hooked.</p>

<p>Because you are so helpful, and because you suggested that, I will get one of those the first time I get a chance, just for you haha.</p>

<p>What are the 1.5 dorms that are civilian???? Anyone live in any of these 1.5 dorms and what is life like there, ha?</p>

<p>I think Thomas is all civilian and Moneith half civilian, half cadet.</p>

<p>Does anyone know which cadet dorms are the best, if any. I know they are kind of low on the priority list and they're the older buildings on campus.</p>

<p>But are any of them better than others? Or are all of them bad?</p>

<p>
[quote]
I will get one of those the first time I get a chance, just for you haha.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Actually the Blocked Kick is my favorite, but not everybody likes the chicken salad...</p>

<p>
[quote]
Actually the Blocked Kick is my favorite, but not everybody likes the chicken salad...

[/quote]
</p>

<p>And that would include me haha. That is right, Strat15, and Nick4060 I am not too sure which is the best, I would assume monteith because it is shared with us cool civilians, but I am not too sure.</p>