Housing Assignments Announced

<p>It's June, and that means that you will receive your residence hall assignment soon, if you don't have it already. Feel free to post your assignment and compare it to your preferred order.</p>

<p>Mine:</p>

<pre><code>Cary Quadrangle
Shreve Hall
Tarkington Hall
Earhart Hall
Wiley Hall
Meredith Hall
McCutcheon Hall
</code></pre>

<p>Assignment: Cary (Savin' that $$, haha)</p>

<p>My daughter received the following e-mail. What gives?</p>

<p>Welcome to University Residences! We are happy that you will be living with us this coming school year. We are still making housing assignments to specific residences and will send you your assignment later. When the Learning Community office finishes its selection process, we will know which spaces we are able to use and will notify you of your housing assignment at that time.</p>

<p>If you have not received your housing assignment by the date you are scheduled to attend STAR, please come to Smalley Center which is located on the corner of Third Street and Martin Jischke Drive.</p>

<p>Purdue University Residences</p>

<p>^ Hope it’s not a temp. dorm…</p>

<p>Hmm, I assume that she applied to be in a LLC and therefore it takes a bit longer to sort out who goes where, but that is pure speculation on my part. My letter reads like this—></p>

<p>"Welcome to University Residences! You have been assigned to Cary Quadrangle for the 2011-2012 Academic Year. You will be notified of your room and roommate assignment on July 15. This notification will also be sent to your purdue.edu email address. If you have any questions regarding your housing assignment, please contact the main office of the residence to which you have been assigned at (765) 494-2472 or at <a href=“mailto:CaryQuad@purdue.edu”>CaryQuad@purdue.edu</a>.</p>

<p>At this time, there is no room and/or board information on MyPurdue. If you have pre-registered for classes, your initial room and board assessment will be included in your fee statement in your MyPurdue account in July. You will be responsible for checking your MyPurdue account on a regular basis for fee assessment and account information.</p>

<p>Included with this notification is a link to important information you will need to know about living in University Residences (see below). Please read and save this information for future reference.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.housing.purdue.edu/HTML/Prospective_Students/Assignment.htm"&gt;http://www.housing.purdue.edu/HTML/Prospective_Students/Assignment.htm&lt;/a&gt;"&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I got Earhart, and that was my number one. Plus, I got into the Women in Engineering and Network LCs, so I’m happy about that.</p>

<p>@naturaldisaster, Congratulations! Earhart was looking good to me as well.</p>

<p>I am on the wait list.</p>

<p>Anyone know if there is anyone I could talk to about being in a special situation or would they even consider that at all?</p>

<p>You can file an appeal depending on the situation, but if you really are in a special situation you are better off giving the Office of Admissions a call (765) 494-1776 or email. <a href=“mailto:admissions@purdue.edu”>admissions@purdue.edu</a></p>

<p>They are most accommodating. Our D was assigned to MCCutcheon, and after speaking to the Director of the Learning communities, they are moving her to Schreve. Call or email them, I am blown away by the quick responses I have been getting from all inquiries! Also, for parents, there is a great “families of future purdue students” chat on facebook with many administrators from purdue on there. Great resource!</p>

<p>suebinor,</p>

<p>With regard to your daughter’s move to Schreve…was it because your daughter is in Honors (I remember that she received an invite)? If so, did they tell you why she wasn’t initially placed in Schreve?</p>

<p>I’m guessing that she decided against Engineering Honors, right?</p>

<p>Hoop hoop- what happened, was that we just “assumed” she was in engineering honors, since she got a trustee scholarship and the admittance letter said she was invited into UHP. So when she did the learning community request, she selected engineering honors LC. Last week, she got an email from the LC group, stating that she was not eligible for engineering honors. We responded that she was? So, I got a message from Jim from the LC saying she was eligible for the UHP learning community in Schreves. We called the engineering honors group and she did not qualify (ACT off by 1 pt). So, now she is being placed in the UHP which I think will be a better fit anyway…probably after a while, she might need a break from her fellow engineering friends. If you have any questions re: the learning communities…call Jim P. He is also very active on the facebook chat I mentioned earlier. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)</p>

<p>Think our D just wanted honors “something”, so her chances of getting a roommate that was also a serious student were higher.</p>

<p>For the people who found out their housing, did they send you an email or did you find out when you logged into mypurdue? Because when i logged into mypurdue i found out when i clicked on “select move-in time”. But i didn’t recieve an email.</p>

<p>I received the email that I posted above.</p>

<p>yeah i called Purdue today and they said that i was McCutcheon Hall! First choice (:</p>