Housing Assignments

<p>yay! i am excited now!</p>

<p>Any thoughts about the new OGG?</p>

<p>Will it definitely be ready for start of the semester?</p>

<p>It better be. Weather has been good so they should be on time.</p>

<p>What do you think it will be like to live in Ogg?</p>

<p>Ogg looked pretty good from the outside when I was touring two weekends ago.</p>

<p>Darn, I haven't been assign a dorm room yet; they said to expect to be put Witte :(. I would have loved to get into Adams as I prefer the quiet Lakeshore to the SE.</p>

<p>I'm got Slichter too, which I'm happy about. Is it mostly freshman, or are there a lot of upperclassmen too?</p>

<p>They reserve half of the spaces for freshmen in each dorm when current students apply for next fall, there could be easily more than half freshmen in some dorms (note there are also no freshman and only freshman dorms in the mix). Don't worry about not getting the dorm you wanted, you'll probably run into plenty of people like yourself who didn't get one of their top choices. The people make the place- you will be with other students who chose UW. You can spend your time anywhere on campus and will probably discover features that make your dorm nicer than the one you didn't get. Attitude- keep it positive.</p>

<p>Do you think each hall has its own character or it's just about the location and facilities?</p>

<p>If you consider architecture as a determinant of character, then of course the dorms are different, despite having the same facilities and food service. Some like old, others newer... Barnard is certainly different than its neighbor Chad, as Kronshage differs from neighboring Sullivan... Don't obsess about it- relax and enjoy your home for the school year.</p>

<p>Woops posted in the old dorms thread... I guess I should've posted here first!</p>

<p>I got Kronshage, Mack House</p>

<p>I think that's a good thing. I'll have to wait and see for sure though :)</p>

<p>Anybody know anything about Kronshage at all? I know it's by the shore and it was built in 1938. That's about it.</p>

<p>Read the online Res Halls info- Kronshage is 8 buildings, one per house, each 3 stories- built in dressers, lots of character, close to the lake.</p>

<p>Sullivan</p>

<p>.</p>