Housing Assignments

<p>Post as soon as you recieve, they begin mailing tommorow (June 1st)</p>

<p>First Choice:</p>

<p>Assigned Residence Hall:</p>

<p>Major:</p>

<p>Attenging BGR (Boiler Gold Rush):</p>

<p>Mine will take two weeks or more to reach 'cuz I live overseas.</p>

<p>BTW- have you joined <a href="http://www.thefacebook.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.thefacebook.com&lt;/a> it's a great way to talk to fellow freshmen. you need a purdue email address though.</p>

<p>First Choice:McCutcheon</p>

<p>Assigned Residence Hall:McCutcheon</p>

<p>Major:Elementary Education</p>

<p>Attenging BGR (Boiler Gold Rush):Yes</p>

<p>Noice, well i live in CO, so i bet i'll get mine tomorrow, assuming that you live in Indi... I tried for Earhart, cause I'm cool like that :P (I doubt i'll get it)</p>

<p>You might also list whether you are in a learning community and which Day on Campus date you are attending.</p>

<p>First Choice: Cary Quadrangle</p>

<p>Assigned Residence Hall: Wiley</p>

<p>Major: Freshman Engineering</p>

<p>Attenging BGR (Boiler Gold Rush): Yes</p>

<p>Day on Campus: N/A due to travel reasons, (Live at Lake Tahoe, NV)</p>

<p>I found out I was assigned to Windsor today, my absolute last choice. I by no means want to live there. Did anyone else have this happen. I submitted everything before dealines and nothing was last minute. I'm really depressed about this and I don't understand why the University would give someone their last choice. I would have been happy with any other dorm. I live in a nice apartment with my boyfriend right now and the change to a dorm was already a huge step down. Now I am worried that I'll end up in an "off-limits" hall which will make this news as bad as it could be. I can't imagine not being allowed to ever have my boyfriend in my room! I was just getting use to the idea of living in a dorm(even a little excited) and now I'm dreading it. Anyone have any suggesions or even some comforting advice to deal with living somewhere that you really don't want to be. I'd appreciate any advce. I hope all of you had better luck than me with your assignments. Good luck with all of your before college planning!
Brooke</p>

<p>I hear you Brook, trust me. Wiley was one of my last choices. When I visted the campus we took a look at Tarkington...eh...and Wiley isnt much different. As far as off limits goes, I dont think any of the dorms are, either way its just a matter of getting them in. Don't sweat it, I was definitely more excited before I recieved the letter but that how it goes I guess. Best of luck! Curt</p>

<p>None of the dorms look that great. Son still hasn't heard anything on dorms. Did you get your roommate as well?</p>

<p>Roommate assignments will be sent around july 15. I had visited shreve a few weeks ago, which is one of the newer ones and I actually liked it. It was my first choice. Some of the dorms are really nice Hillenbrand is just over 10 yrs old and has big rooms that share a bathroom with their neighboring room. I have heard that it is extremely nice.
Kurt, thanks for the bit of encouragement. I know I'll be fine and make the best of it...I am just frustrated with the system which I am sure many of us are.
brooke</p>

<p>First Choice: Earhart</p>

<p>Assigned Residence Hall: Earhart</p>

<p>Major: Freshman Engineering</p>

<p>Attenging BGR (Boiler Gold Rush): Yes</p>

<p>Day on Campus: June 15</p>

<p>I am just one lucky punk I guess. I got my Day on Campus day and I got my first choice on residence hall... I wish you guys did too, that sucks (But I sent in my housing deposit October 7th... ish, that may be why). I really want to know who my roommate is!!!</p>

<p>Major: Freshmen Honors Engineering (Learning Community)</p>

<p>Attenging BGR (Boiler Gold Rush): Now "Yes" son changed mind</p>

<p>Day on Campus: June 15</p>

<p>Runnerguy: sounds like you and my son have a lot in common in more ways than one. He got his first choices as well :)</p>

<p>Did you all notice that although roommate assignments (and therefore room numbers) don't come out until July 15th but yet we only have until July 21 for them to recieve the money for Internet to be in the room that first day. That hardly leaves time for the US Mail to deliver.</p>

<p>Yeah i noticed that too... I think it's about 2 or 3 days from here to there. Hopefully the USPS can get the job done. Mominin: Did you notice that me and your son have the same Day on Campus too? Crazy. Oh and another thing, I think I might be doing the Honors program. They sent me another thing saying that I need to decide by the time I get to Day on Campus. Any thoughts on the honors program?</p>

<p>I think the honors program is a great way to make a big school (38,000) seem small. She said there are about 200 kids in the honors eng and that class sizes for those classes are much smaller than for non-honors classes which is nice. Plus you live near the other kids, can share homework help, class stories, etc. We all thought it sounded good. Oh, and one more thing: many times an honors program gives you MORE work, not harder. This sounded nice because the honors classes are related to engineering, they replace classes,it's not more classes.</p>

<p>Major: Freshmen Honors Engineering (Learning Community)</p>

<p>Attenging BGR (Boiler Gold Rush
Day on Campus: June 21</p>

<p>Will you guys who are going up for DOC early report back as to how many tests you have time to take while there? (i.e. CLEP, etc.)</p>

<p>On a website or in a brochure I read that supposedly there is only time for two tests, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Some of the tests are administered at specific times. Also somewhere I read that sometimes engineer students only have time for one test?? That doesn't make sense and doesn't make me happy. We are only two hours away and go back a second day sometime but it's a huge inconvenience. Ok, I'm done complaining.</p>

<p>First Choice: Owen</p>

<p>Assigned Residence Hall: Owen</p>

<p>Major: Freshman Engineering </p>

<p>Attending Boiler Gold Rush</p>

<p>Day on Campus: N/A, I get to register online cuz I live overseas.</p>

<p>I am excited.</p>

<p>first choice: earhart
assigned: earhart, honors engineering lc and WIEP earhart residential community
major: freshman engineering
Attending BGR
Day on campus: june 17</p>

<p>i'm very excited. enrollment is SOOO freakin soon. the thought that i'm going to be leaving home in just a couple months hasn't quite sunk in yet.</p>

<p>I was given a contract only on June 4th or thereabouts... I filled it in and submitted it on the 11th of june. Any idea how long the assignment process takes ? Which halls will i probably get considering i gave in my housing application only on 29th april ,2005.</p>

<p>Can u please list your top 3 and worst 3 halls preferences when you sent in your contract .</p>

<pre><code> For eg -

Top3
Earhart
Cary Quad
Hilltop apartments

Bottom 3
Wiley
Shreve
Young
</code></pre>