Housing At Alabama- Best View?

I’ll be a freshman at Bama this fall. I’ve been accepted to the Honors College, so I’ll have access to Ridgecrest housing. Does anyone know if any of the Ridgecrest dorms have a view of the river, or which building/tower has the best view, maybe of the woods on campus? Thanks!

Even-numbered suites in Ridgecrest East and West will have a view of the lake or forest, the latter with a partial river view. Suites ending in -09 and -19 will have similar views as they are on the ends of the building. Due to the design of the building, rooms C and D will have outward-facing views while rooms B and C will generally face a small garden and another suite unless they end in -09, -10, -19, or -20.

I’m not as familiar with the building layout for Ridgecrest South, but a few rooms will have a forest or partial river view. You might get a partial lake/river view from the top floor of Blount or Paty, as each building is built on slightly higher ground than Ridgecrest East/West and Somerville.

Do note that UA doesn’t have much in terms of woods directly on campus (the arboretum is a couple miles away). There are a couple of small wooded areas which are not designed for public access, though one has a small creek running through it and is said to be quite peaceful.

The non-honors super suites of Lakeside West have the lake view, but not all of course…only the ones on the lake side…I’m not sure what those numbers are.

Ridgecrest West 301B has a nice view of Jack Warner Parkway and the river.

Thank you all!

Ridgecrest South SX03-06 have a nice forest view. The S in front of the number is to designate South Tower since Ridgecrest South has two towers, North and South. I don’t live in North tower so I don’t know if their numbering is exactly parallel to ours.

Lakeside West, odd number rooms have Lake Views.

First time I’ve ever heard of somebody asking about the view!

My D wanted a view of Bryant-Denny. LOL! She had an awesome view of B-D and Sorority Row from Tutwiler

My sorority house used to back up to Bryant-Denney. I had a very nice view of the iron girders from my room!

In Riverside (and dorms with similar layout), rooms c and d offer better views than a and b, IMO.