Housing at Bama

<p>What is the best housing hall at Bama. Just got accepted for Fall 2012 this past week.</p>

<p>All the Super Suites res halls are nice. Some frosh like Ridgecrest South the best because many frosh are there.</p>

<p>Is that on-campus m2ck?</p>

<p>yes! </p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Thank you :)</p>

<p>Since you won’t be at UA till fall 2012, why not go for the new residence hall, the North Bluff Hall that is under construction now? It will have a new fitness facility nearby, and a scenic 8th floor rooftop plaza for get togethers.</p>

<p>Good point!! </p>

<p>Does anyone know if that hall will have a certain type of designation…like for mostly frosh?</p>

<p>Will it be an honors hall or what?</p>

<p>Yeah is it an honors college and for freshman?</p>

<p>I don’t know if it reserved for Honors or not. Contact Housing, and maybe they will tell you. Why wouldn’t at least part of it be devoted to Honors? It will be the newest, shiniest, lol, so I predict it will be for Honors. What a great view for those in the top floors!</p>

<p>I would be very surprised if North Bluff didn’t have any honors housing. I also hope that they don’t do what they did with Ridgecrest South and make it all freshmen the first year.* While North Bluff will be the furthest residence hall from my classes, I am considering living there next year.</p>

<p>*Now that I think of it, maybe North Bluff can be an upperclassmen-only residence hall.</p>

<p>Don’t forget, having viewed MANY college dorms while visiting schools over the years…ALL of the HONORS DORMS are great at Bama. You really can’t go wrong. My DS has been happy at Lakeside and, I think, that is the ‘oldest.’</p>

<p>I suspect that it may be a honors frosh dorm (maybe not 100% frosh)…because Bama likes to use its newest res hall for prospective student tours. If Bama uses North Bluff for its tours, then it wouldn’t make sense for it not to be for Frosh.</p>

<p>I’m hoping its not all fish. If UA cancels its Bluff contract, I want to have a good option for next year’s housing. Just in case…</p>

<p>I would like to know the answer to that as well.</p>

<p>Two somewhat unrelated questions:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>What is the purpose of the prepayment deposit?</p></li>
<li><p>Is the housing deposit refundable?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Right…</p>

<p>By requiring an enrollment deposit, a housing app fee, and a housing deposit, the school knows who is more serious. </p>

<p>I had to pay more than what Bama is asking for housing deposit at my older son’s grad school.</p>

<p>If one is able to get housing in Ridgecrest South - North Tower, is there a preferred location to look for? (Floor? Side of Bldg? Any other considerations?)</p>

<p>^^^ Well this opens up a completely different can of worms doesn’t it? I think the same issue really is one of preference. First of all, until this year, it used to be that R-S-N for Honors was only the 1st three floors, but this year it was changed to the whole north tower. Then there is the issue of laundry which is every other floor, so that might be important for some. As for room locations, the “views” from R-S-N are either of other dorms and/or parking to the east & north, trees buffering off campus housing to the west (but high up because the street is low and rooms are above the parking structure), or overlooking the courtyard between North & South towers. My D lives on the 1st floor and loves it because she does not have to deal with stairs or elevators unless she’s headed to a friends room or goes upstairs for laundry. When you visit, you will get the idea of the layout of the building.</p>

<p>my daughter is on te first floor too! she likes it that way. so easy to run in and out if you need to. no dealing with stars or elevators. her view is of the basketball court.</p>

<p>you might want to be near a kitchen if that interests you.</p>

<p>^^^ and one point to clarify about R-S-N tower 1st floor. For those of you, who like we were, are nervous about a 1st floor room due to potential access to windows from the grounds … not to worry. The landscaping, building design, and fact that the tower sits on top of the parking structure means that virtually none of the rooms have direct site lines (or potential access) into the suite from those walking outside. My D’s room is in the North-East corner of the 1st floor and her window is about 10-12 feet high behind a brick retention wall.</p>