Housing at Bama

<p>*my daughter is on te first floor too! she likes it that way. so easy to run in and out if you need to. no dealing with stars or elevators. her view is of the basketball court.</p>

<p>you might want to be near a kitchen if that interests you. *</p>

<p>good point. My older son chose a 1st floor dorm his second year because during the first year, if he exited his hall and found that it was too cold outside, he didn’t like to have to go back up a few floors to get a jacket. </p>

<p>Also, some like to be on the floors that the laundry rooms are on. Some dorms have the laundry rooms and the community kitchens on alternating floors.</p>

<p>When you pick out your dorm, you get to choose the EXACT suite and the EXACT bedroom. So, if you can find out the numbering system of a hall, you can sometimes pick a suite that has whatever you want nearby…laundry, stairs, elevator, etc.</p>

<p>Are you aware of any place we can find the actual floor layout of the different halls?</p>

<p>i have never found a layout of the room numbers.</p>

<p>my daughter is in room 111 and that room is over near the basketball court in RSC-N.</p>

<p>last year i think her room was 114 and it was the first room on the other wing of RSC-N.</p>

<p>Bama used to have layouts of room numbers online, but after various universities consulted with Risk Management consultants (after 9/11 and other terrorist concerns), Bama (and other schools) removed those layouts from the internet. </p>

<p>So, to figure out where rooms are, you need to ask current residents. </p>

<p>Last year, son was in 222 in Ridgecrest South (N tower) and his window was on the north side looking towards Ridgecrest West.</p>