Housing at Purdue

<p>Which dorms are the best for a prospective engineering major which is near to the engg department, does not have a lot of partying and is a reasonable cost?</p>

<p>I think Cary Quadrangle is closest to the engineering buildings. It is an all male dorm but I'm not sure how much partying goes on there. However, I think the engineering learning communities are at Earhart. Have you applied to a learning community? I think you have to be Honors Engineering to do it but I'm not sure.</p>

<p>I just recieved my housing contract...two weeks to send it out. Cary Quadrangle and Owen are the highest up on my list, close to the Eng buildings (I was accepted first-year eng) and to the sports facilities. If you have any specific questions just ask cause im going out to visit on the 14th, im pretty much set on geting out of the west coast (I currently live in Nevada).</p>

<p>I think S is doing Earhart (1st choice, because of learning community), then Cary. Did anyone notice the difference in price for Cary meal plans? $5302-$7286 for 15-meal plan; which is it? Anyone know how they decide the price?</p>

<p>I am going for Earhart because of learning communities and lots of engineering students are in it.</p>

<p>Tookie,
I think Cary has several different room configurations for doubles and some 4 person suites. I believe that accounts for the varying cost but I concur, it is not clear what the $ is for each.</p>

<p>How is Owen? with proximity to engineering buildings and nearby shopping place?</p>

<p>Have you looked at the campus map on the website? I think Owen is just west of Cary, but the best as I remember, it doesn't have a dining hall. Not sure, though, I'll have to check again. I think S put Owen as 3rd choice.</p>