Housing Choices after Hullabaloo

<p>My son got accepted for Fall 2015 and is trying to figure out after Hullabaloo what would be the best housing choices for a modular hall? </p>

<p>Thanks for any help!</p>

<p>Check out this thread for some feedback. </p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1690928-best-a-m-dorm.html”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1690928-best-a-m-dorm.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thanks! I should have specified in my question, Southside. The ones mentioned in that thread are all on the Northside. </p>

<p>I know that this thread is about hullabloo, but does anyone have information on the corps dorms and how close are they to the engineering buildings. </p>

<p>How about the White Creek Apartments? I have been struggling over which to choose. Apartments or hullabaloo? You get your own washer/dryer, kitchen, and living room with the apartments but it is a mile farther away from engineering section than hullabaloo. I could take a bus to get there.
While hullabaloo has 2 small room and a bath. The kitchen and washer dryer are outside on the floor. However, hullabaloo is walking distance to engineering buildings.
SO, any suggestions? I would love to stay in apartments but the distance kinds of turns me away. Also ain’t most of the restaurants closer to hullabaloo? Am I even going to be spending a lot of time in the dorm? </p>

<p>If you are a freshmen, I would recommend going into a dorm. They will be primarily freshmen and you will have your friends all around you. I loved living in the dorms freshmen year, I made some of my best friends there. Hullabaloo or any other dorm for that matter, will be much more convenient in getting to class and getting food. </p>

<p>If you already know alot of people in college station, or REALLY don’t want to share a room with someone, the apartments might be good. It won’t have the same community and the chance to meet people will not be as high… I lived in a dorm freshmen year, Reveille Ranch for two, and then in a house currently and they all have their pros and cons. </p>

<p>Thanks for the help! What dorm did you live in freshman year?</p>

<p>Mosher. I was engineering, so it was perfect. </p>

<p>My son is currently living in Lechner. It is the Honors dorm, but its also very similar to the other modular dorms. He loves living on the northside and right across the street from Sbisa. He had friends at Appelt and they are not as happy with their location. Hullabaloo is a beautiful, but expensive, dorm option. Don’t skip other dorms due to age. My son says his dorm is old, but he would take it over a new dorm to keep the people and location.</p>

<p>Thanks, think he’ll stick with the Northside dorms. </p>

<p>My older daughter lived in McFadden, Honors dorm, on the northside (loved it) and my younger daughter lives in Hullaballoo (loves it), also northside. Both daughters are engineering students and both love the location in relation to their classes. Last year older daughter also recommended Neeley, as a backup, since younger daughter didn’t want to live in the honors dorm or an engineering living community. </p>

<p>Lots of north side kids here! My son is on the north side in Hobby. Location is awesome with relation to parking, dining and engineering buildings. The modulars are larger than the commons and a little quieter. They are also larger than the Hullabaloo rooms but not as nice. I agree that living on campus instead of an apartment is a great idea for freshman.</p>

<p>I applied for housing today, chose hullabaloo as 1st Choice. I hope I get it! </p>

<p>I live in Mosher and it’s OK. There’s lots of storage in the dorms and a Chik Fil A down stairs, but really, it’s just a place to sleep.</p>

<p>Regarding the Corps dorms, they are right across from the south side dorms. They aren’t too far from the engineering block, it’s maybe a ten minute walk straight across. I’ve never been in one, but I’ve heard horror stories from some cadets.</p>